My Ironman MK VI Foam Build update 26/7/2012 Hands Painted Weathered and lights on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this is amazing
so clean and nice!
how thick is the foam you use?
can u maybe post a pic of the mat before you cut it al out?

thanks and good luck with the armor!

here you go mate as asked for, I also only use scissors to cut it out it cuts real easy

e81ac3c5.jpg

9f9eab64.jpg

Really nice work on the foam. I love the Iron Man suit! That was going to be my project for next year, glad to see someone making it with foam. Keep up the good work, I'll be watching!

ok guys finished the back piece tonight so that to really big bits done today im really happy back was the hardest piece ive made so far its really tricky to put together see what you think

ecd6c2f7.jpg

31b28f22.jpg

3294241f.jpg

abs finished tonight and an attempt at wearing found it had to tape it on so will be better once velcro it added need to adapt the abs abit tho im not happy on how they sit and might make them longer so you dont see no gap.

see what you think

121da929.jpg

85fbc887.jpg

I just got 1 word for this
AMAZING!

I love your foam work
so clean and smooth
Cant wait to see this thing painted

good luck with the rest of the armor!

thankyou for all your comments not done anymore yet instead looked at pics and adjusted some bits my velcro came so had a night of fitted and tailoring i also re-built the biceps and abs and attached shoulders to torso will make neck seal next then post some more pics

dude this is awesome. that being said im going to be really nit picky. the ONLY fault i can see is that the helmet is to round. it needs to be squished in from the sides a bit. other than that i cant find anything else, which makes this all the more fantastic!

dude this is awesome. that being said im going to be really nit picky. the ONLY fault i can see is that the helmet is to round. it needs to be squished in from the sides a bit. other than that i cant find anything else, which makes this all the more fantastic!
Thanks mate for your comments, Yeah i know about the helmet but im afraid my ears push it out and unless i cut off my own ears i dont think i cant do much else it look normal off but goes round when worn and if i made it bigger to compensate then it would lok to big , I do have a different pep file for another helmet im gonna try if i have enough foam left so stay tuned

hi guys just a quick update made a new helmet tonight from a different file now im not sure which i like best new one is a bit smaller i think

see what you think

4534296a.jpg

ac2d8222.jpg

a8151c07.jpg

4dfe9ae0.jpg

fcda741f.jpg

9000dfef.jpg

The new one looks like it fits better. I'd go with that one. Nice work.:)

ok guys the last helmet i made was better than the first but was i little to small it was more like wearing a mask than i helmet and there was no room inside for the electronics also the glue was a little messy so i made a new one 10% bigger its alot cleaner and ive also added some detail was the screws styill some work to do tho, Still wait for delivery of velcro for necl seal and cod so had to hold it on will post more pics as soon as its here and ive attached it.

Anyway see what you think

4e2ea0ee.jpg

5b2501a6.jpg

4e995349.jpg

681fc8a7.jpg

aa74e69b.jpg

Every time you make a new helmet, it gets better. I'd say you definitely got it right this time.:)

Every time you make a new helmet, it gets better. I'd say you definitely got it right this time.:)
lol thanks man im just never happy the last one was better than the first but it was just bugging me something not right so i made this one im alot happier now :)

just knocked up i quick mark vi arc reator from foam and cardboard its just to go in my suit so doesnt need to be 100% screen accurate im happy with how it turned out not bad for 30 mins work lol

see what you think

16986c9b.jpg

ecb1b47a.jpg

7742549c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back