My MA5C Assault rifle construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ares said:
Serious Comment:
Pretty decent work. It could obviously stand some improvement.
Yeah it was my second work so it wasnt going to be the best.
What could have been improved?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are asking, so here's some constructive criticism:

The LED display really distracts me, how it sticks out. It was a good idea, but I think to really execute well it you'll have to make some big modifications to either the display or the gun. Other than that, it's not a bad looking gun. The magnetic holds are also a good idea, but when you can see them, it's distracting too. If you're going to try again, I'd put them on the inside to hide all the glue and whatnot, and if you've got armor (or are making some) put them on the inside of that too.

looks good

no offense

but why does almost every carboard weapon especially the assault rifles always seen to bend in the middle and make it look
retarted?

ive seen this on all carboard ars.

I would recommend to:
-Correct the scale
-Perhaps make a better LED display
-Hide the magnets
-It still looks like duct tape.
-Perhaps do the Pepakura one?
Also, maybe fiberglassing/resining it and then painting it very well would do.

th_Pyre006.jpg
th_Pyre005.jpg
th_Pyre004.jpg
th_Pyre003.jpg
th_Pyre002.jpg
th_Pyre001.jpg

Since no point in starting a new section heres how I make my weapons. This is my battle rifle, the details with elevated area are already in. I paper mache it in order to cover gaps, and there scaled to MC size, I like it when its really large, I scare little kids with it :).

I mean im not going to pepkura everything, it takes me two days to finish and 5 bucks. Instead of weeks and a couple dozen bucks.

CemreTas said:
I mean im not going to pepkura everything, it takes me two days to finish and 5 bucks. Instead of weeks and a couple dozen bucks.
Pepakura doesn't take "a couple dozen" (that would be at least $24) and it doesn't take weeks.

I don't know how long you work on these ("2 days" can mean a lot of things) but Pep might very well take more time, and most certainly more patience, but in my opinion, the end result is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back