My MA5C in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon2005

Jr Member
Hi guys, as most of you I am a HUGH Halo fan, and have wanted to make my own set of Mjolnir Armour for my birthday fancy dress party on 01/01 NEW YEARS DAY,

I have made my first suit of Pep armour which has been fibre glassed and is currently drying, so in the mean time i have started to make my first of 2 weapons an MA5C and a enegry sword, please comment on progress "so far" as i know i have a lot more to do, and any guidance would be great for finishing it off

Demon 2005

Looks pretty good. I think that the handle may need a little trimming though. Maybe not so rounded and a little shorter. But overall, looks really good.

sorry about the double post, but i just wanted to share with you guys a little some thing,
im fully aware that if its not "game" accurate but still, i have got my friend to make me up
a custome screen using a pluse led numeric display, the computer software that runs it and a fully custome made trigger system is being fitted into my rifle,
Once switched on the word -HALO- scrolls arcoss the sreen then changes to the classic 32
off course depending what you do with the trigger it counts down in full or mimi automatic to 0 then reloads.

the Bad points are thought, my screen is in red not blue and because we could only get fairly small parts we are having to mod the way is screen looks, i have attached an image of how we are going to have laid it out and ill upload a vid or pic later on. hope this dosent upset and die hard MA5c fans

[attachment=2286:counters.JPG]

Cool! For my rifle I'm doing the same thing with 7-segment LEDs and programming them. You will actually have to take the clip out and put it back in to reload the gun.

Also, who cares if it's "game accuarate"? It's your artwork, you can do anything you want with it.

Rid3r said:
Cool! For my rifle I'm doing the same thing with 7-segment LEDs and programming them. You will actually have to take the clip out and put it back in to reload the gun.

Also, who cares if it's "game accuarate"? It's your artwork, you can do anything you want with it.
Awsome idea, i thought about that but due to time (or lack of) i got to do it by new years and i know its gunna get played with by others it would be easier to do it that way, and no one could steel it lol.
keep us up to date, i would love to see how its going!

good luck mate!

Last edited by a moderator:
demon2005 said:
sorry about the double post, but i just wanted to share with you guys a little some thing,
im fully aware that if its not "game" accurate but still, i have got my friend to make me up
a custome screen using a pluse led numeric display, the computer software that runs it and a fully custome made trigger system is being fitted into my rifle,
Once switched on the word -HALO- scrolls arcoss the sreen then changes to the classic 32
off course depending what you do with the trigger it counts down in full or mimi automatic to 0 then reloads.

the Bad points are thought, my screen is in red not blue and because we could only get fairly small parts we are having to mod the way is screen looks, i have attached an image of how we are going to have laid it out and ill upload a vid or pic later on. hope this dosent upset and die hard MA5c fans

[attachment=2286:counters.JPG]

Get this

2110077005_9a8126fe86_o.jpg

ahh excellent, thanks very much.
that other image was just a quick "paint" thing to show very crudley the way i was goign to lay it out, but thanks for the
proper symbols, ill use them for a stencil

demon 2005

Looks very nice!

Although, the middle front area is indented inward, not extruded like you have it.

Also, it's nice to see a person posting in the noob section that actually does some research ahead of time and doesn't just ask questions that have been answered hundreds of times before.

koobs said:
Looks very nice!

Although, the middle front area is indented inward, not extruded like you have it.

Also, it's nice to see a person posting in the noob section that actually does some research ahead of time and doesn't just ask questions that have been answered hundreds of times before.

yeah, i noticed that after i made the thing, i just had a bid of a handfull with cardboard and glue guns i glued it wrong, so i added another layer onto to make it to make it extruded and then to the lip of the front instead of flat face like i had it, its just got be be glassed, primered, painted and then the touch and leds to be added, its talken a slight back seat atm whilst i finish my armour

thanks for the advice guys, keep it comming

demon 2005

Another way to make an Assault Rifle, (or any other gun...i made a pistol with this) is modeling clay. Its really, really good, It drys fast too. I recomend 'Dry Hard' clay, that you can get at Hobby Lobby, or a craft store. Dry Hard is already made so you dont have to mix anything. When I made my assault rifle, it took only 2-3 days (mainly cause of school, and football) and it takes 2-3 days to dry. Keep it for 3 days just to be safe. Use a copper pipe for the barrel. And a MagLight flashlight that you can get at like Lowe's or somewhere for the light. You cant play army with it or anything like that lol.....it will break if you drop it or hit it with something. But great for display!

Pics and pricing on this clay? Also pics on your AR? if it works so well like you say, maybe you could mold it.

Hi ya guys, i just thought its time to show you this little display i have been working on, please bare in mind
its only a WIP, and has not been set in to the rifle or its plasitc display screen yet and i didnt put on the trigger shelth i have made for it yet as i am going to fibreglass up the piece tomorro, but here it is any way so far, and yes i know its in red.

(i am also sorry that the vid is on its side, silly camera phone lol)

Hope you enjoy

Demon 2005

[attachment=2355:mov04835.wmv]
[attachment=2356:DSC04836.JPG]
[attachment=2357:DSC04838.JPG]
[attachment=2358:DSC04837.JPG]

demon2005 said:
Hi ya guys, i just thought its time to show you this little display i have been working on, please bare in mind
its only a WIP, and has not been set in to the rifle or its plasitc display screen yet and i didnt put on the trigger shelth i have made for it yet as i am going to fibreglass up the piece tomorro, but here it is any way so far, and yes i know its in red.

(i am also sorry that the vid is on its side, silly camera phone lol)

Hope you enjoy

Demon 2005

[attachment=2355:mov04835.wmv]
[attachment=2356:DSC04836.JPG]
[attachment=2357:DSC04838.JPG]
[attachment=2358:DSC04837.JPG]
perfect exept the leds are blue gj tho im making a carbine out of foam hot glue and i might bondo it and fiber glass regin it to then add detail pics up soon

KrazyKid02 said:
perfect exept the leds are blue gj tho im making a carbine out of foam hot glue and i might bondo it and fiber glass regin it to then add detail pics up soon

Yeah i know. like i said before in my posts that red was the only colour i could get, and have even managed to repositoin the board so once its fitted, it will be the classic layout with the compase on top and the ammo logo on bottom, (besides what would you prefer a full working ammo counter in red or a
blue counter that dosent do any thing??)

regards
Demon 2005

ps keep us up to date with the carbine, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back