My Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello !!!! I have been working on my EVA helmet a little. I have bondoed the the whole visor and it is a little smoother, but I still have a way to go. I have almost used a whole can of bondo on this helmet and only one side is somewhat smooth. :eek I have worked on it a little more than what the pictures show and I will put more recent pics up later tomorrow. peace! :D

sweet mother of GOD ! that armour is looking DAMN good. not going to lie, its making me jealous a bit... winter has basically put a full halt on my armour build. i can't wait to get started on resoning and fiberglassing the rest of my armour.

waytoomany said:
hey your armour is totaly insane ^^ great work

and thx for your fast and kind reply !

thanks! and no Problem =]

Outlaw-Tiger said:
sweet mother of GOD ! that armour is looking DAMN good. not going to lie, its making me jealous a bit... winter has basically put a full halt on my armour build. i can't wait to get started on resoning and fiberglassing the rest of my armour.

thanks outlaw! the winter also put a stopper on my armor building, been having some nice weather here recently.... I couldn't wait any longer :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to hop on the bandwagon and say that you're doing some outstanding work...

I was going to ask about the details on the helmet as well, but I read on and found that you did those with SCISSORS?! Good god man! Last time I touched my helm was when I screwed up those details. I was using a dremel, but with the completely wrong bit in it.

Your bondo work is fantastic. So smooth and even. And the scaling looks great too... You should be proud. Is this your first build like this? Or have you done work like this before?

Condor said:
thanks outlaw! the winter also put a stopper on my armor building, been having some nice weather here recently.... I couldn't wait any longer :p

haha LUCKY !! *pouts* the weather is just teasing me here now, it got to only +10 today... just 5 degrees too cool !! =(

Nicktendo said:
I'm going to have to hop on the bandwagon and say that you're doing some outstanding work...

I was going to ask about the details on the helmet as well, but I read on and found that you did those with SCISSORS?! Good god man! Last time I touched my helm was when I screwed up those details. I was using a dremel, but with the completely wrong bit in it.

Your bondo work is fantastic. So smooth and even. And the scaling looks great too... You should be proud. Is this your first build like this? Or have you done work like this before?

thanks so much! ....I have never built anything like this before. Its my first time working with these materials. :D

That is some sick looking armor!

I'm surprised your still a member and not at least a Veteren.

Outlaw-Tiger said:
hey condor, just out of curiosity, how are you attaching the shoulders (strapping wise) ?

I am going to connect the two together with one elastic strap that will run across my back when worn. I can elaborate once I reach that stage. =]

I have finished painting the back. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! :pand thanks for the compliments! :D

Hey I just had some questions on the pepping of the MVI helmet.

I'm working on the same version as you (on and off because of school) and I was wondering how you managed to get such clean joins on the different pieces, particularly around the side lights.

This is absolutely impressive. Very good work!

Your detail is phenomenal.

Also, your artwork in your school binders is really good too. ;)

And the fact that you carved out those grooves with a SCISSORS blows me away!

Keep up the good work!

oh $#!T, sorry, haha i thought you had already gotten them strapped. haha my bad. and the amount of detail that you are putting into your build here never ceases to blow my mind. at this rate your final suit id going to look EPIC :)

elkrisp said:
This is absolutely impressive. Very good work!

Your detail is phenomenal.

Also, your artwork in your school binders is really good too. ;)

And the fact that you carved out those grooves with a SCISSORS blows me away!

Keep up the good work!

Agreed!

Your drawings ROCK! I'm SO sending you my Harley gas tank, man!!! :eek

Outstanding job on the back piece. I just compared your shots to the in-game reference, and it looks great. How are you achieving those raised details? Illustration board? Styrene?

Great paint job too. You using Adam's method? That certainly looks like Olive Green to me. ;)

Can't wait to see the progression of the other pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back