My Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, here are a couple pictures of my torso back. its coming along nicely, but its definitely at a snails pace. i still have some work to do but i will keep you updated when i make more progress.

in one of the pictures it shows a crack in my bondo work. i think it is because i keep moving it from a warm place to a cold place and back again. the bondo seems to be cracking off and im not sure what to do. its not a very deep crack but there are a few other small ones im worried about. just wondering what you think i should do. i was thinking of just putting a little plastic epoxy in the crack to fix it. please let me know what your ideas are.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

do you think that will stop the cracks from growing? i think the problem was caused from the bondo not having a good surface to grip when it was applied. now that there is primer on the surface i think it could work.

Jason02 said:
Looks good, is this your first set of armor? Looking forward to seeing more.

yup, its my first set of armor. thanks for the compliments everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep it up. This is still looking awesome.

On the bondo adhesion issue, would you say that one should definitely apply primer before any bondo is applied? The weather is starting to improve where I'm at, and I'm starting to look ahead.

NAGA said:
Keep it up. This is still looking awesome.

On the bondo adhesion issue, would you say that one should definitely apply primer before any bondo is applied? The weather is starting to improve where I'm at, and I'm starting to look ahead.

yes definitely apply primer so the bondo will have something to grip, i ran out of primer so i couldnt use it on that spot where the bondo is cracking off. glad the weather is improving over there. i cant wait to see some more progress on your suit! =]

Last edited by a moderator:
if the crack is still growing then don't use Spot Putty, its not really strong enough to cover anything like that, just minor blemishes. I would try just bondoing up the crack and letting it sit. You could have possibly mixed a little too much hardener in that batch or something. You should really consider getting into making molds of some of your stuff when you finish...it is THAT good.

Here are a few pictures of me with my armor on. I tossed a lot of padding in just to keep it from falling off, it will look way better once I have it all strapped together. I think the pieces look proportional to MC, which I'm happy about. I also finished peping a calf. happy almost valentines day! :D

grrrr..... I'm sick of winter. sorry guys no updates yet, still waiting on warmer weather. I have been drawing a lot lately, here are some of the drawings I've done during class at school, lol math is so boring...jk.

I put them in the covers of my school binders, so it looks like there are smudges on the paper but its on the outside covering

Im going to draw some halo pics next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back