My Mark Vi Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloplayer

Jr Member
OK. A couple of days age I finally convinced myself to biuld a Master Chief Mark VI suit. I started with the foerarm and if it doesnt look so good o_O keep in mind im still a n00b and dont have mutch money and experience. Still hope you enjoy KEEP IN MIND IM ONLY 12!!!!!!

[attachment=9810:Image010.jpg]
My Suplies and little workstation

[attachment=9811:Image014.jpg]
My foerarm fiberglassed and now hanging

[attachment=9812:Image018.jpg]
My foerarm finally fiberglassedand painted

Total amount of time spent: 2 days
Total amount of money spent: Around $20 - $30

That looks really good. I can't wait to see the rest of it when you are done. If you have questions just ask the Q & A team or pm one of us. We are always willing to help out fellow members and WELCOME to the 405th. :lol:

Nice work bro...
Considering that you are 12 thats looking really nice.
I just have one quetion though...
Are you going to bondo youre pieces? If you do you could smooth out those rough edges and angles that you see on your pieces. Other than that i applaud youre work.

SpartanDobie

PS: here is the link to a bondo tutorial, if you like those angular shapes on your pieces its fine just leave it as it is but if youre looking for a much smoother look id definatley consider this... Bondo and detailing tutorial

SpartanDobie said:
Nice work bro...
Considering that you are 12 thats looking really nice.
I just have one quetion though...
Are you going to bondo youre pieces? If you do you could smooth out those rough edges and angles that you see on your pieces. Other than that i applaud youre work.

SpartanDobie

PS: here is the link to a bondo tutorial, if you like those angular shapes on your pieces its fine just leave it as it is but if youre looking for a much smoother look id definatley consider this... Bondo and detailing tutorial
Wait....... Can i just smooth it out by sanding it???????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, normally when people talk about sanding things down they have apllied the bondo layer to their piece and sand down the bondo. I think if sanded down that piece with only the resin all it would do is sand off the resin and go to the paper... Its not a super important step, but it makes it much more molded looking. Only do it if you want to get those edges smoothed out...

SpartanDobie

SpartanDobie said:
Well, normally when people talk about sanding things down they have apllied the bondo layer to their piece and sand down the bondo. I think if sanded down that piece with only the resin all it would do is sand off the resin and go to the paper... Its not a super important step, but it makes it much more molded looking. Only do it if you want to get those edges smoothed out...

SpartanDobie
Also, what piece of the armor should i do next and what resolution? I was thinking the shoulder piece High resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds good, don't jump around too much, you dont want to start a leg when you've just begun the arm. So the shoulder seems like a good idea for the next step. With the HD pieces put in extra effort on your folds and the precision and it will all pay off when its done, take it slowly too.
Good luck with your next pep!

SpartanDobie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back