My new Halo game idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf260

Hello everyone! lonewolf here, for about the past 2 months i have been thinking about this idea and i would love to see it actually made if possible haha, anyways... What if we took Halo and Skyrim and mixed them??
BEFORE you leave and think thats crazy, allow me to explain in a really long post!
When i say "mix" i dont mean putting swords and guns together because that would just be plain dumb in my opinion, i meant take skyrim's game purpose (and Bethesda's games) and make Halo a FREE ROAM.

I know with Skyrim with it being free roam you dont have to always go in order of events to complete a specific storyline, because you could get distracted and go off and do something else then come back later. But this game will have a more focused story.

So...

Who will our main character be??
The main character will be you obviously, and it will be single player only (like skyrim). Your character can be customizable through gender, appearance, emblem and name. Because spartans are strong and in ways, invincible. You will start out a marine.

How will the game start?
The game starts off similar to skyrim, in skyrim you are in a carriage, but in this halo game you will start in a falcon, pelican, or a warthog, along with other recruits for the UNSC. the vehicle will be headed to the academy where you'll walk in the registration office and the person will ask who you are (which leads to customizing) When customizing is done your person will walk to the bunk rooms and meet some characters, talk with them, etc. there will be at this point mini quests around the academy to get you trained and ready for war. once all the training is done you will ship out in a pelican to the beginning of the game.

Weapons/armor?
Because you arent a spartan there wont really be super cool customizations, but you will be able to take other armor in crates, off bodies, pelicans, etc. same as weapons. All halo weapons from CE-4 will be available. depending on the mission/quest, suppressors, extended mags, etc will be available to take off/put on.

Followers/squads?
In skyrim you can only have one follower, because this game is basically a war, you will need squads. there will be squads of 10 max (10NPCs and you). you simply walk up to an NPC and activate a conversation and ask something like "Follow me, i need your help" or "you are now assigned to my squad soldier" and they will come, but if you come accross another officer/commander, you can sacrifice some of your guys and give them to him and ask the commander to bring his squad with you, making two squads/fire teams.

Vehicles?
Same as weapons, all vehicles CE-4 human and covenant are available to drive. they will not get destroyed like in the game however, what i mean is that in the game a falcon will be flying then when taken enough damage just blow up right there. lets throw in some suspenseful crashes! have a wing get shot off, an engine fail, have the falcon fall to the ground intact then depending on impact blow up. A banshee flying then when hit have it lose control and spiral into something!

There will also be, like in skyrim, carriages. but in halo, a falcon/pelican. the carriages stay in spot and are always there, but to make it harder and have to hold out depending on situation, have it take time to call it in, or if you are lucky its already there! and just because youre the main character doesnt mean youre lucky! if youre in combat or flying around, have something attack it, shoot it down! here you are escaping when suddenly you crash, some people may be alive with you then you have to call in an evac!

Enemies?
Covenant! Good old fashioned Covies will be best! all covies CE-4! In my opinion in the games, i didnt like how half of the game or less was covenant then flood/prometheans came and then there really werent any more covenant, lets keep it to the good 'ol war!

Setting?
Anywhere on earth, good old earth. Access to New Mombasa, military camps/bases, forerunner artifacts, glassed areas, destroyed cities, farms, old neighborhoods, OCEANS!!!!!!!!! BOATS!!!!!!! maybe throw in some easter eggs or some old maps in specific locations! How about SPACE! throw in some frigates you can fly to, Reach's orbit, Halo?? lets get some space battles

Development of character
You will obviously be a marine, but like in skyrim there are guilds, but by guild in halo, i of course mean ODSTs! take drop pods and stuff! you will be able to choose your weapon specialty, sniper, demolition, etc. over the game many of your soldiers will die but it is all necessary to win the war

Main enemy?
Nothing but the prophets, lets make one of those ugly things control them, he will be the Alduin of this game, the game can end with boarding a main capital ship that he's on, attacking high charity?

Strength/damage?
Normal halo rules, enemies have shields based on rank, like elite generals are strong, grunts are weak, BUT, if youre in a sniping mission or just sniping, obviously you want that first shot to count, suppress your sniper, pull the trigger, headshot=KILL, i dont know about you guys but i hate it when im sniping and i have to take two shots to kill a guy, especially if its in the head the first shot. basically lets not have the enemy health bar on the top of the screen and it goes down after an unrealistic amount of shots. like in skyrim where you may have to stab/slice someone 10 times to kill them, i know they kinda need to do that so its not instant kill every time, but make it a little realistic when youre shooting up some bad guys.

As for you, somewhere around ODST health in that game, not too strong, not too weak!

BATTLES???
BATTLES! WE NEED HUGE BATTLES! Remember in halo reach with the hundreds of warthogs, falcons and scorpions??? DIDNT YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THAT?? a huge, wide open area, with hundreds of enemies, gun shots, explosions, make it a huge WAR! make it feel like youre in war! in halo there are some pretty good combat parts, but in other times its kill enemies in a room/canyon/etc, move on to the next room/area, kill them and so on. lets get some full on landscapes, fields, city streets, lets get destruction, war, fighting, holding out, calling in evac/reinforcements!

Halo is a wonderful game, i love it and so do you guys, this game wont follow the main storyline of halo obviously, just a side game! something WORTH trying! something needs to be done and this game would be amazing. People have their opinions, and this is mine obviously, give me feedback please because i would love to hear what you guys think!

Thank you for reading!

-Ian

I'm sure this could be made possible with a team of people that would be willing to heavily modify Skyrim (Similar to GMOD and HL2). It definitely is a great idea, something I would play for hours on end. It'd be cool if people on this forum were on board to do this. We could call it -- HALO: 405th Infantry --.

A little off topic but I've always wanted them to make an open world Pokemon game (like Skyrim, not a top-down 2d "open world"), combining all the regions and generations, then add the new generations as DLC. Why is Nintendo not doing this? It would rake in so much money.

your idea for the name of the game is actually really great!:) and same i would play hours on end with this!

-Ian

We could bring in the armor perm files from all of the games and make our own. You would also be able choose whether you want to be a SPARTAN II, III, or IV, ODST, stay a marine, etc (Like selecting your race in Skyrim), with each one having unique traits and abilities, along with the armor abilities, (SPARTAN IV for instance would have a higher agility rating but lower armor rating while SPARTAN II would have higher armor and lower agility.)

There is a program called CreationKit for modding Skyrim... I think this might just be doable...

The thing that sucks is if it is made itll be Xbox one only, and i honestly do not want to get an xbox one

-Ian

THIS IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD FOR A LONG TIME. i probably would learn programming just for this;)

My god......someone send this idea to 343i and see if they will make it, and Lonewolf, by the time that they make it, you will have had to have bought an XBox One anyways for the other Halo games.

What also needs to happen is they shouldnt be able to see you from a mile away, youll be barely poking out and then theyll all run at you and kill you, increase the tactics, have some enemies flank, take cover, common sense: you shoot one of their guys, they dont even take cover, they just stand there or go where the guy got shot. increase their battle tactics!

Maybe some objective firefight, arrive at an outpost and have to snipe and try not to get spotted, or steal a covenant data pack or something, add a purpose to the firefight sometimes not just 1 on 1000000000000 depending on how long you can hold out. MORE AI's IN FIREFIGHT THAT CAN ACTUALLY FIGHT

-Ian

My god......someone send this idea to 343i and see if they will make it, and Lonewolf, by the time that they make it, you will have had to have bought an XBox One anyways for the other Halo games.

Yeah that is true, i really dont want to get one but that is true,, i want to play the new ones

-Ian

HOW ABOUT THIS:

We add two storylines: HUMAN AND COVENANT! covenant as in elites, but there can be two storylines for both armies!

-Ian

I was thinking about just that on my way home from work. I'd love to play as the Covenant, starting off as an elite, (or choose any Covenant you want, grunt, jackel, HUNTER, etc.) That would be really fun to play a grunt.

Well hey, if we can get a group together to work on this, I'm totally in and willing to dedicate some serious time into this.

I was thinking about just that on my way home from work. I'd love to play as the Covenant, starting off as an elite, (or choose any Covenant you want, grunt, jackel, HUNTER, etc.) That would be really fun to play a grunt.

Well hey, if we can get a group together to work on this, I'm totally in and willing to dedicate some serious time into this.

Sweet man! any idea on how i can forward this to 343? o really want to, how about we contact bethesda???

-Ian

I'm not sure how you would contact 343i other than through social media. Sadly, though, I don't think they would make it, seeing as they have the next 4 years set aside for the current Halo saga. Bathesda wouldn't be able to do anything with it because 343i owns Halo and all of it's assets. I think the only way to make this a reality would be to do it ourselves. It's worth a shot mentioning it to 343i though.

I think that we could probably get an indie company to make it, send an e-mail or whatever to 343i asking if they can create the game, using the assets and stuff and if they say yes then great, if they say no then we ask 343i if they want to make it on the condition that the name stays as Halo: 405th Infantry. As far as the next 4 years is set up, they are releasing technically 5 games, they are doing a remaster of all the Halo games, except 5 with Halo: Master Chief Collection and then they are releasing 5. I don't see why this can't be worked on as well, think about it, if Apple Inc. back in the 1980s can have 2 computer projects going then 343i in 2014 can have 3 game projects running. And as far as I can see it, the Master Chief Collection is done anyways, they have all the files and just need to update them a tad.

I'm well aware of the MC Collection and am very excited for it, however 343i had A LOT of help from Certain Affinity (the guys that made the anniversary edition of Halo CE) and Saber Interactive (who created some of the multiplayer maps for H2) to overhaul the games for the Xbox One. It takes a lot more time and resources to create a new game than it does to remaster an old one. Realistically, the chances that this would be made by a company, whether 343i or an indie company, is slim, although not entirely out of the question. Plus I honestly don't think 343i wants Halo to go in that direction. It would be awesome if they loved the idea and decided to make it, I would spend hours on end playing it. In the end, I think it will boil down to us creating it. Besides, it would be a great community project. I'm sure we have some Game Art people within the community that would love to work on it.

I'm well aware of the MC Collection and am very excited for it, however 343i had A LOT of help from Certain Affinity (the guys that made the anniversary edition of Halo CE) and Saber Interactive (who created some of the multiplayer maps for H2) to overhaul the games for the Xbox One. It takes a lot more time and resources to create a new game than it does to remaster an old one. Realistically, the chances that this would be made by a company, whether 343i or an indie company, is slim, although not entirely out of the question. Plus I honestly don't think 343i wants Halo to go in that direction. It would be awesome if they loved the idea and decided to make it, I would spend hours on end playing it. In the end, I think it will boil down to us creating it. Besides, it would be a great community project. I'm sure we have some Game Art people within the community that would love to work on it.

Now if we can find these game artists! and about some people not wanting halo to go in that open world direction, i understand that because in a way i dont want it to either, but if done right, like my explanation it would actually be very successful. i thought we should contact both bethesda and 343i because bethesda does a lot of open world so they can do that and 343i has all the halo rights and stuff. i say we go to halo way point and other websites and post the link to this thread

-Ian

Hey everyone, just wanted to say thank you to those who support my idea and i hope this will be able to work:) I have had this idea for quite a while and it took me a lot of debating on whether or not i publicize it or not. But heck, i decided to! i needed feedback and it seems ive got a lot:) So thank you to those who support me! Im trying to contact 343 about it and when i do i will update this thread:)

-Ian

In all honesty like the others said it's probably going to have to be a in house indie project unless you got friends in the industry a highly detailed script and some time and money to keep egging them to look at it cause they already got teams of writers not wanting to crush any dreams I personally love the idea just saying if you have a goal make sure your ready to do the hard work yourself

As for the idea just my kinda addition on the start I would maybe add a few different ideas like for a spartan opening scene is them getting kidnapped and seeing a clone put in there place then flashes to the labs and you have to do different training and depending on what training you do and scores determines what class spartan and your starting stats and for odst and marines have them doing like you said enrolling and have a drop training sequence then a whole different style for each of the covies brute grunt and make a different story line for each that all line up and can work together in one open world plot

I'll just leave this here for inspiration...

p.s. his Gamer Poop series is hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back