my new helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoviper34

Jr Member
hey guys i just finished my new helm its pretty small i had to cut some parts off to fit my head in it.
im looking for some other ideas to make it better. please commentn :D

i know the visor is bent up im going to fix it later.

That's going to take a hell of a lot of work to fix up right, hun... if you've popped resin on that already and it's good to go, then I'd seriously suggest starting again. If not, then for the love of Jesus and dead puppies, put some stuff in there to make it more sturdy before you do.

this isnt ment to be mean, just honest. gets LOTS of bondo or start again. sounds cruel but i dont want you to waist your time. for a first helm its a good job but i dont think it'll stand up to resoning. :(

I agree with the others, and not to be mean either... did you use cardstock and did you score the folds? The craftmanship on this is awful.

I screwed up my first pep helmet, even though I took my time, I used the wrong type of glue, so I had to start over. You gotta take your time with these.

Ya i agree. I would start over, and leave the visor in as a start. It took me four tries for my first pep helmet. The first time, there was a big fat red line in the 3d model in the pep designer that i missed. Second time was stupid. I lost pieces. Third time, I made it too big, and i finally got it on my fourth try. Heres a pic of mine. Still need to resin and glass. Sorry, its really blurry.

[attachment=2376:front_new.JPG]

sorry if this is a bad place to show this.

yeah, my first pep helmet looks REALLY big, plus i kind of used crappy roseart glue sticks that crack after a while, so some tabs are flaking away.

nobody gets it on their first try. especially me.

word of advice: PUT THE LENS PIECE IN!!!! it will SAVE your helmet! it is an essential piece that keeps it together if not made right.

1025072044ns0.jpg

Left - visor, Right - No visor

'Nuff said.

Actually, I can't tell the difference! :lol: but i ended up putting the visor in last on mine and it didn't collapse like that... Maybe just the files we used.

death said:
Actually, I can't tell the difference! :lol: but i ended up putting the visor in last on mine and it didn't collapse like that... Maybe just the files we used.

Heh, yeah, I don't think it matters when you put the visor in, as long as you do. Sooner is better than later, though

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back