should I use mooving parts??

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you going to do with it after you finish the moving parts? Personally i would add some more details, the base for the magnum is okay but right now it doesnt look like a magnum. At this stage you can still add the details and after that apply some bondo and it should be good. its better to have one wich looks cool rather then something with alot of functions!
keep up the good work!

-FSS

Finnish_Spartan said:
what are you going to do with it after you finish the moving parts? Personally i would add some more details, the base for the magnum is okay but right now it doesnt look like a magnum. At this stage you can still add the details and after that apply some bondo and it should be good. its better to have one wich looks cool rather then something with alot of functions!

thanks man sorry about the lack of detaile in the post i was in a rush goin out for dinner.
so yea i was just wandering weather or not to do detail now or during the application of bondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
First up, welcome to the forums, good to see another aussie!
I would suggest you try pepakura, you will get a lot more detail with less work than bondo'ing something from a rather simple base. That said, it is a good start!

p0rtalman said:
First up, welcome to the forums, good to see another aussie!
I would suggest you try pepakura, you will get a lot more detail with less work than bondo'ing something from a rather simple base. That said, it is a good start!
yea p0rtalman i was trying to find a papacura file for a magnum but i had no luck so i just decided to go with cardboard freehand but if you know where to get the file plz coment with a link thanks

Edit= sorry just found a pepakura file my bad

have you done pep before? pepakura weapons are very dificult. you could improve that pistol, just keep your reference pics close and keep adding detail in small amounts untill youre happy with it, i think it needs to be more chunky. but good work so far

hognoshal said:
have you done pep before? pepakura weapons are very dificult. you could improve that pistol, just keep your reference pics close and keep adding detail in small amounts untill youre happy with it, i think it needs to be more chunky. but good work so far
thanks hognoshal and yes, i have used pep before but only on the chest/back plate and crotch plate so it was fearly big no small deatail so what do you think??? am i ready???

you will be ready when you no longer have to ask, grasshopper :D i reccomend experience because after a while you get a groove going with pep. i made about 2 & 1/2 suits before attempting weapons, but now i have an MA5 and a splaser, after the splaser i think i could make ANYTHING, that thing was a real pain, lol

hognoshal said:
you will be ready when you no longer have to ask, grasshopper :D i reccomend experience because after a while you get a groove going with pep. i made about 2 & 1/2 suits before attempting weapons, but now i have an MA5 and a splaser, after the splaser i think i could make ANYTHING, that thing was a real pain, lol
thanks but come on its a pistol im gona try tomoro :lol: but if i fail i owe you all a big appology but i think the hardest part will be bondo because it might collapse :mad:

Edit = thanks for the friends add hognoshal :)

well good luck, bondo won't collapse carboard, its pretty light stuff. if you're worried about strength then just reinforce it or fill it with foam or something

btw, go to the HANZAC thread in the405th discussion forum and put your name dow, its good to see more aussies

hognoshal said:
well good luck, bondo won't collapse carboard, its pretty light stuff. if you're worried about strength then just reinforce it or fill it with foam or something
thanks heappppppppsssss man your a real help ;) catch ya around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back