My New Weta Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that idea ended miserably. I decided I can't leave my WETA suit, and progress forges on ahead. decided to enlist the help of my friends to help me with the rest. Sorry about not having any pics, my camera's busted, but I'll have them tomorrow, I promise. I decided to go with Halo 3:ODST shoulders and I finished one of them already! Well, stay tuned for more.

hey ummm I've tried on Skullcandy Girl's one, and the neck is extremly small.... so I just wandered how this guy did it without cutting it....

PS sorry 1manbattalion's...

I found out why I can't upload. Apparently I forgot to delete my old ones, so it took up 97% of my pic folder :oops:] . So, some of them are gone. Oh well, they were old anyway. I very noobish thing for me to do, I know. Well, here it is:

[attachment=10165:001.JPG]

So to could cut down on file size, I put it all in one picture. I had like 5, but it was too big... Again. Oh well. I'll try to upload new pics every week from now on, depending on progress. It will also give you guys some time to see them until I am inevitably forced to delete them to save space. This weekend I'm going to order resin, glass, bondo body filler, hardener, and a respirator off of this awesome site:

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/

And then I'm going to get brushes and a visor so I can finish the helm by the release of Halo 3: ODST by September 22. I'm giving myself a lot of time on this. Come have a look before it's gone!

lookin good. i had the same problem with uploading pics. i would suggest getting a photobucket account and linking the pic. thats what moonwildflower told me and it works.

GL man

Savvy

SavvyTank said:
lookin good. i had the same problem with uploading pics. i would suggest getting a photobucket account and linking the pic. thats what moonwildflower told me and it works.

GL man

Savvy

Yeah sounds like a good idea. I haven't been on photobucket for a while. If I get this to work then I'll put the pics back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
002.jpg
">

Here some new ones:

JJB9798
003.jpg
">

My new shoulder.

JJB9798
004.jpg
">

One of the Gauntlets.

JJB9798
005.jpg
">

Ditto.

There you go. That's the WETA stuff I've done since the last post. But there's this too:

JJB9798
036.jpg
">

This is an unfinished COM pack. I don't know where I was going with it, I just thought it would look cool. There you go, the new ODST gear. Stay tuned.

Goosebot 5000 said:
was that com pack in the recon armor thread and i missed it? or is that a personal project youve done?

I too am interested in hearing the answer to this question. I've been keeping an eye out for any of the backpacks, but haven't been able to find them.

How do you fold your pieces? Those edges look awfully dull!

But great progress so far, I just suggest using a better folding method. :)

jjb479 said:
Here some new ones:

JJB9798
003.jpg
">

My new shoulder.

JJB9798
004.jpg
">

One of the Gauntlets.

JJB9798
005.jpg
">

Ditto.

There you go. That's the WETA stuff I've done since the last post. But there's this too:

JJB9798
036.jpg
">

This is an unfinished COM pack. I don't know where I was going with it, I just thought it would look cool. There you go, the new ODST gear. Stay tuned.

pretty good work here mate! and wait... isn't that a marine COM pack from the marine bundle?

I'm just going to stop making annual promises on when I'll update. I've been directing a Machinima film that is still in pre-production. We're currently still casting for voices and a lot of people are still auditioning, so I don't know when I'll have time for the suit. This film still doesn't have a set release date yet, but we're planning for release next summer. I can't tell you what it's called, what it's about nor how it's being made, but I can assure you: we're going in feet first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back