My Next Endeavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ragin Pagan

Some people on here know of my first Spartan armor, a Mjolnir Mark VII Battle suit made of a non-combat material; cardboard.

My next project, and you all are invited to follow along *insert cheesy, magical jingle*, is a Spartan III, Semi-Powered Infiltration Armor, based on the image on the cover of Ghosts of Onyx.
SpartanIII.jpg

Ironically enough, according to Wikipedia, and I quote, "...its main benefit was that it was drastically cheaper to produce than the Mjolnir..." end quote. Being made of cardboard, this Armor will be immensely inexpensive. I will post when I begin, around mid-August.

Sweet!

Keep us posted on your progress... it's not a race to be the first, but it is really exciting to know that we'll be seeing some wearable SPI armor soon.

Here are some preliminary sketches that I made for my SPI Armor. The resolution is crap, and that's because I took it with my webcam. As soon as I'm able to use my scanner, or another scanner, I'll have some higher res photos available.

Final Sketch
n641820866_214202_61.jpg

First Sketch (SPI Armor Mark II [Assumed])
n641820866_214203_232.jpg

Also, here's a photo of a UNSC Gun that I created for my SPI costume. This gun isn't made directly by Bungie, and I used a Star Wars Laser Tag gun for the core. It's a BR56A Tactical Rifle, the predecessor to the BR55 Battle Rifle.
n641820866_214233_486.jpg

Like the creativity with the blaster. Add a magazine feed somewhere and it'll be sweet.

On your final sketch, why did you add the divider in the top part of the visor?

It turns out I won't be using that visor after all. It's a CQB (Close Quarters Battle) Armor, a variant in Halo 3 Multiplayer. I thought that it was a variant on SPI, but it turns out I was mistaken. So, I'm going with the helmet that's attached to the body.

Aha, I can see the Star Wars influence-it's the vent holes in the barrel, a Star Wars trait.
Good luck on your SPI, probally the coolest SPI ever. :)

maky sure you insert a hydro deflective posotron generator in the back of the SPI armour so you really can go invisible! (than you can spy on what george bush is planning :shifty ninja: )

Well, It started out as a Droid Blaster.
n641820866_215702_557.jpg

I just took a hack-saw to it, knocked off the scope, and sawed off the unnecessary parts up at the top. I will then super glue the scope to the top and tada! I've got me a BR56A Tactical Rifle. It's magic.

Alrighty! New weapons that I've developed for my SPI armor. As a reminder, these weapons are not created by Bungie directly, only inspired by them. This newest model is a SRS100A-S3 RS (Recon Strike) Sniper Rifle, specifically designed for the SPARTAN III Program. It's built from some type of Naboo Gun, as pictured below.
n641820866_216627_8676.jpg

With a few hacks and chops with a Hacksaw, I took off the front grip and sawed off the mount of the scope.
n641820866_216628_8878.jpg

I then took the scope (modified) and plan to superglue it onto the barrel of the gun, making a sniper muzzle.
n641820866_216626_8504.jpg

Both of my weapons I plan to paint a dark matte Gray Green or black. Any feedback on Gun color would be appreciated, and I'll keep posting on my progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back