my pep helm with pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

feigned echo

Jr Member
ok, tomorrow, i finally begin construction of my helmet, and with that i have one last noob question which isn't already posted here. i already know that the valley folds go like this "^" and the mountains go like this "V" but how do you know how far and how much to do the actual fold, or will it all come together in the end as long as the folds are in the correct direction?

and one more thing, how do i input the scale number in the pep program.

How hard you press folding it doesn't matter, as long as it's in the right direction it'll be alright. To input the scale number, you'll need to use Pepakura Designer. Go to 2DPatternWindow -> Scale Up/Down Development by Specifying Value.

SH_Jack said:
How hard you press folding it doesn't matter, as long as it's in the right direction it'll be alright. To input the scale number, you'll need to use Pepakura Designer. Go to 2DPatternWindow -> Scale Up/Down Development by Specifying Value.

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you glue at least two adjacent tabs, that alone will dictate the rest of the angles. It all will work out fine. Remember, put the visor in so when you resin it it doesnt go lop jawed.

i think you have mountains and valleys confused.

mountains grow upwards: ^
valleys are cut into the groud by rivers: V

or at least that's what i've been doing.

Unless you are using Slyfo's files. He hasn't finished fixing the mixup between mountain and valley folds so unless you can get it into your head that the dashes is a valley fold and the dashes and dots is a mountain fold you can just change the line settings on the Pepakura file to accurately show mountain and valley folds.

BDigital978 said:
Unless you are using Slyfo's files. He hasn't finished fixing the mixup between mountain and valley folds so unless you can get it into your head that the dashes is a valley fold and the dashes and dots is a mountain fold you can just change the line settings on the Pepakura file to accurately show mountain and valley folds.

Honestly, I do not think it matters how you fold, I mean, as long as you do mountains one way and valleys the other, it will just determine which way the ink side will be facing, either in or out, other than that, does it really matter?

(I am probably 100% wrong on this, lol)

ok, after about four hours of work i have all the pieces cut out and folded, and sarted to glue them, i'll post pic soon, so you all can give some feedback.

thanks.

good luck man it took me a while to get used to glueing and stuff but its fun and easy after a while just make sure u have a low heat glue gun if not u will get burned like me :(

Good luck, feigned-echo! :)

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Honestly, I do not think it matters how you fold, I mean, as long as you do mountains one way and valleys the other, it will just determine which way the ink side will be facing, either in or out, other than that, does it really matter?

I'm sure you're correct, I did a pepakura dragon for a Math project before but got the line notation confused and folded the other way; built it inside-out before I could notice. I wanted the grid-lines to show so it was obvious that it was made with a computer program, too. Durrrrr hur hur.

Seno 'Ypsamee said:

sometimes it will change more than that though. but in the case of a symetrical helmet design, it wont matter it will be confusing as hell to have everything on the inside tho. especially if your using the numbered tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back