My Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think what link is trying to get at is I could put the plastic on the out side as a flat hard surface...and fiberglass the inside up against the plastic. At least thats what I think he's getting at.

As far as what you should do first...

From what I've gathered....coat the outside with the resin first, and then put the actual cloth on the inside.

yes....if you do get any glass on the plastic it can come off of it...just make sure that plastic is smooth

SPARTAN-094 you should brush on the resin 1st to make the cardstock hard then fiberglass the backside

Its smooth. Thanks man. I'll post up some pics if I can salvage this thing. The 7+ hours it took to make this thing keep flashing in my mind...

I WILL fix it.

link4044 said:
yes....if you do get any glass on the plastic it can come off of it...just make sure that plastic is smooth

SPARTAN-094 you should brush on the resin 1st to make the cardstock hard then fiberglass the backside
alright ty

Last edited by a moderator:
that would work....do a thin coat of vaseline on the plexi if you have any the glass will not stick

Not sure if any of you guys have heard or tried spray on resin, but I was thinking about trying to use some of that on top of the pepakura before fiberglassing the insides. I've used the stuff before years ago, and think it might actually work fairly well to create a shell that'll keep the shape of the paper mold while reinforcing it. Here's a link to the stuff I'm talking about. http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=78& It says it's good for pre-sealed paper, which I'm thinking maybe just painting a layer of gesso on top of the card stock would work to create the necessary seal.

Well I fixed the problem of where it was bent. I'm going to finish fiberglassing the rest of the chest today...but I really wanted to fix that dent before anything else. I had to make two cuts in the paper in order to relieve the pressure at the bend, but other than that it turned out well. The top pic is the BEFORE and the bottom is the AFTER. Its really strong now, and is completely flat. Thanks link for the help.

After all this, that spray can stuff is looking very appealing.

Yeah....tell me about it. I got it on me once...and it does burn and itch. Breathing the stuff is even worse. But so far everythings been honky dory. (I've never used that phrase...so I'm not sure how to spell it...)

Hey I was wondering....this is a question for people with armor. How easy is it to sit down in a chair with the armor on? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back