My pepakura is printing on 2 papers for my scale size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan117sean

Ok guys, I finished my first helmet only to realize it was way to small. But I went to print out the second version with bigger scales and it is exactly the same size. I figured out that when it asks you if you want to rescale it to fit the page you have to say no. The only problem is that then the stuff is printed on 2 sheets.

My head circumference is about 23 1/2 inches. (I know...Big head)

Give or take a few for padding so then just say my head circumference is 25 inches.

What scale would I want to use?

and

How do I make it fit on one page?

and before you even say "Look in the tutorial sectino" I already have and went by that to build my original helmet.

Please help me because this is ticking me off.

EDIT: BTW the finished product is going to be the pep armor covered with paper mache. the paper mache will be covered with plaster so I can then carve in details and make a smooth job. After That I will paint it.

Final product cost: Probably gonna be 20-30 $ and it will look sweet

Also I am making it big so I can put padding and the what not

Well, what pep are you using.... What version... and there is a tutorial on printing Pep and making sure that your print page settings are the same as your arrangement pep settings... Here is a Link Print Pep Settings......

I am in the helping mood... so I tell you what, if you are still not able to get it done, I will be home after the commute home, at around 6:00 CST... if you still need help then, I will get on AIM and walk you through it, but read that tut and try it first

Edit: I re-read your post, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way either... but
1.) Either your entering an incorrect scale, something to large, because all the the pep pieces should print onto one page...
2.) If your using the correct scale and your pieces still want to print on two pages maybe you need to adjust your pep layout
3.) Do your pieces all fit on the pages in the pep 2D layout?
4.) Maybe your layout is in Portrait mode, while you are trying to print in landscape, or vice-a-verse
5.) Maybe your printer has a ridiculous huge print margin where it wont print... so its moving parts to more than one page... in this case you need to compensate for that in your layout...

Go into the scale dialog of pep and tell me what it says in the Height box... This should help me eliminate alot of my questions about what your doing wrong

Spase said:
Well, what pep are you using.... What version... and there is a tutorial on printing Pep and making sure that your print page settings are the same as your arrangement pep settings... Here is a Link Print Pep Settings......

I am in the helping mood... so I tell you what, if you are still not able to get it done, I will be home after the commute home, at around 6:00 CST... if you still need help then, I will get on AIM and walk you through it, but read that tut and try it first

Edit: I re-read your post, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way either... but
1.) Either your entering an incorrect scale, something to large, because all the the pep pieces should print onto one page...
2.) If your using the correct scale and your pieces still want to print on two pages maybe you need to adjust your pep layout
3.) Do your pieces all fit on the pages in the pep 2D layout?
4.) Maybe your layout is in Portrait mode, while you are trying to print in landscape, or vice-a-verse
5.) Maybe your printer has a ridiculous huge print margin where it wont print... so its moving parts to more than one page... in this case you need to compensate for that in your layout...

Go into the scale dialog of pep and tell me what it says in the Height box... This should help me eliminate alot of my questions about what your doing wrong

Actually I figured it out. it is very strange. BTW V. 2

But anyways what I have to do is make the margins 1, then make it into a portrait , and then rotate everything to fit. Very strange ordeal. I was using a scale of about 26. I have a big head so yeah.

The printer is a lexmark.

I will let you know what happens when i print them out later

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you print, what is the assembled height of your helm? Pep will tell you this in the Scale Dialog box, or in the bettom right of the main window... whats the height, in cm?

Spase said:
Before you print, what is the assembled height of your helm? Pep will tell you this in the Scale Dialog box, or in the bettom right of the main window... whats the height, in cm?

I already finished printing and it seems like it is gonna be pretty good.

But if you wanna know it is 28.1 cm.

I know it seems big but

1. I have a small fro

2. I am a bit chunky.

So this thing should fit just fine

and the printing looks good. I am going to asseble the visor first so I know if it will be good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol at Beremus, big printer... silly...

Anyway, my Helm is 26 and its snug to my head, and I don't have a small head by any means, but I have a big brain... just a thin skull... but 2 cm is only almost an inch and if you got some hair, that size should be fine... I think...

you could have not matched the printer sretings to the paper configuration, they should both be on "Landscape". Failure to do this will result in peices stretched out over multiple pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back