My Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overlord Ian

Hey guys just wanted to show my progress, Im sure many of you remember my crappy crappy armor that i previously posted, but kepp in mind i only had 3 weeks to make it. Anyway, heres the good helmet ive been working on for a couple months, plus my energy sword, the sword isnt finished though, and the helmet doesn't have a visor. sorry, this is kinda pic heavy. Sorry for bad pictures, it really does look a bit better in person, and of course, its not finished, it still needs leds, detail painting, and the "tube-things" on the cheeks.
halo002.jpg

top view
halo003.jpg

front view (with my action figure lol)
halo005.jpg

a better front view
halo004.jpg

My energy sword (lights off, they dont work right yet)

LastSpartan said:
( you can post elsewhere than in the NoobieLand ;))
I just figured this would be the best place o put it, since the helmet isnt the world's best, it still needs a ton of work

Last edited by a moderator:
looks better then my first try :p keep it up needs lots of sanding but other then that its a great start i am restarting my helmet well making another one a higher def model i hope i sized the chest right i am 6 foot so idk if i did that right but we will see lol keep it up cant wait to see it all done :p good job :)

HALOFAN111 said:
looks better then my first try :p keep it up needs lots of sanding but other then that its a great start i am restarting my helmet well making another one a higher def model i hope i sized the chest right i am 6 foot so idk if i did that right but we will see lol keep it up cant wait to see it all done :p good job :)
Thanks! and good luck on your costume!

Overlord_Ian said:
Thanks! and good luck on your costume!

thanks man :p yours is going to turn out good just keep working on it and sanding and detailing :D

oh one tick that works really good if you use bondo mix small amounts of bondo and take your finger and put it on where you want to add detail this trick works good ware some surgical gloves if you dont want to get your hands messy :p but bondo comes off your hands easy any who cant wait to see your new armor done :p keep it up

spartan404 said:
looks pretty good ,the only thing i would recommend is more detail. (y)
Yea, i addd the details to the brim and the "cheeks" after i took these pics, and the low quality cell-phone camera kind of ruins the detail anyway

Overlord_Ian said:
the blade is about 4 feet, its just too wide i think..

you should really try 2 sheets of plexy glass :p and get some fiber optic LED's but hey it looks good from just scratch :p

HALOFAN111 said:
you should really try 2 sheets of plexy glass :p and get some fiber optic LED's but hey it looks good from just scratch :p
Yea, this is acctually just a prototype sword, im gonna make another with EL wire (like Sean's sword)

master chief403 said:
i dont wart to be mean or rude or anything im probibly just being a jerk but what up with the sword? anyways the rest is awsome
its just a prototype, made from some spare parts in my garage,i was going to make a better one with EL wire, and make it a bit less wide ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back