My Space Marine Build Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I got my airbrush up and running again, and painted my chainsword. now I'm about to hit the shoulders and chest piece but I thought I'd post the chainsword for peopel since I havnt had a real update in a while
34926_10150238788775045_841050044_13797883_333921_n.jpg

now I just have to paint the teeth then install them and order the handle I have picked out for it
and I love my chainsword painting standing, old christmas tree stand. and as for tutorial
Celtic, wasnt that hard its the Pep chainsword. and to harden it I used several batches of SmoothCast's Foam-IT 10
poured it in swished it around let it expand, tell all the areas I needed were re-enforced used my dremel a bit top cleanup the blade path and done. to make something for the handle to hold on to, I poured the bottom section extra thick. then drillled a hole into it once it was set. coated the pole in lots of hot glue, shoved it and a done (for construction)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Someone beat me to the Blood Raven costume haha ;)

Nice work dude! Are you still planning on making it a techmarine costume?

okay,... you define the "do it yourself" new... you make ALL of your armor steps yourself... the modells too... its awesome

but there is a question... where do you store the finished armor :D its a little to hughe for the wardrobe :)

Me and a friend here in Arkansas, we built his Space Marine a little while back but he's not a member here and did'nt want to show images but we were able to pack the suit into 2 , 55 gallon totes if that gives you a idea on what to pack it in for a trip.

honestly where I store them, wherever the fit, the helmet on a shelf the chainsword also on a shelf along w/ the bolter but the rest I have gear bins for the smaller parts but the chest and shoulders currently just sit on top of things out of the way as much as possible.

@celticspartan yeah I still plan on doing my Tech Marine, he comes after I finish this one.

and in other news, my latest update on my armor
got bored today, and threw some padding in my chest piece, attached the shoulders and threw on the helmet wouldnt you know it helmet is just slightly too large to fit in the collar well, sooo I think Im gonna rebuild the chest make it wider to fit in down better, which sucks in a way but @ the same time the chest is one of the 1st pieces I made back in january I've learned a lot since then and there are many flaws in the chest I can rectify and since It wasnt going to be done for D*C '10 like I had originally hoped I can rebuild some pieces.
46193_10150254093370045_841050044_14275638_6941527_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back