My Suit so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Rogue

0922071301st5.jpg

I've got all of the pepakura cut, scored, and folded. Right now, i'm just wondering how to connect it and how I should get it folded precisely.

I want at least the helmet done by Halloween, and that should leave plenty of time for the rest of the suit though.

I'm willing to take any suggestions right now for anything.

Update Sept 23

Helmet assembled. Resin, sanding, painting, and visor left.
Cut out foot piece.

Update Sept 24

Foot piece scored, folded, and glued.
Cut out bicep.

Update Sept 25 - Oct 9

Bicep and forearm are too big, cut out new forearm.
Finished glueing both shin pieces.
Resined foot.

Update Oct 11

Started resining shin, glued new forearm.
NEW PICS!

You'll be able to finish it by halloween easily. I think I did mine in one sitting (maybe it was two) in about 5-6 hours, from printing to cutting to assembly, then another hour to wire in a few LEDs a couple days later (using the guide I found here, and yes, cardstock holds it all just fine, even when running around a high school football game culminating in a rather enthusiastic, and sweaty, game of "ride my pony")

I'm not sure about hot glue, but wood glue works amazingly.

[attachment=425:pictar_0050.jpg]

Okay, thanks. I haven't been able to find any type of a glue gun anywhere, but I know I have plenty of wood glue. I printed out the right foot(just for kicks and lack of being able to find a glue gun) and i'm working on cutting and scoring that now. But, I think I'll work on glueing now.

I've gotten it all glued together; I just decided to use hot glue since I could get a glue gun at Wal-Mart for 4 bucks and wood glue took too long to set. Here are some pics of my progress(when these were taken, I still had a couple parts to glue in. That's why some parts look crappy) :

0923071811dm1.jpg

0923071812oi6.jpg

0923071809ku0.jpg

The only trouble i've come up with so far is being unable to get my head in. My afro probably doesn't help this, so when it's more sturdy, i'm going to try wearing a bandana or something like that.

Dark Rogue said:
I've gotten it all glued together; I just decided to use hot glue since I could get a glue gun at Wal-Mart for 4 bucks and wood glue took too long to set. Here are some pics of my progress(when these were taken, I still had a couple parts to glue in. That's why some parts look crappy) :

0923071811dm1.jpg

0923071812oi6.jpg

0923071809ku0.jpg

The only trouble i've come up with so far is being unable to get my head in. My afro probably doesn't help this, so when it's more sturdy, i'm going to try wearing a bandana or something like that.
HAHA

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Rogue said:

0923071811dm1.jpg

0923071812oi6.jpg

0923071809ku0.jpg

haha same with me. i made mine 22, didnt fit. 25, didnt fit still. im making it 28 now. hope it fits now.

You know... The folds around the neck are not neccesary at all. Look at pictures of the helmet in-game, and see what part of the neck you can cut away. That way it will surely fit. (I hope you understand what the hell I just said. xD)

I think I understand, but before I cut it out, I need to know what part you mean.

hhwdx5.png
Which part should I cut out? The left or the right?

I finished glueing the right hoof today, it's only a little bit bigger than my foot quite well. Although, I think i'll put some kind of boot in there for reinforcement.

I'm psyched about tonight's launch and it's too bad I can't go to the party.

Dark Rogue said:
I think I understand, but before I cut it out, I need to know what part you mean.

hhwdx5.png
Which part should I cut out? The left or the right?

I finished glueing the right hoof today, it's only a little bit bigger than my foot quite well. Although, I think i'll put some kind of boot in there for reinforcement.

I'm psyched about tonight's launch and it's too bad I can't go to the party.

On my helmet, I left taht entire back section...but at the bottom of that theres a fold piece that connects to it and goes flat. I took that completely off. Also theres some crescent shaped pieces that go around the bottom of the neck as well, I didnt even attach those.

Okay. I cut just the bottom flaps out and I can now fit my head and hair in with the addition of a shower cap.

I'll try to get some new pics up soon, btw.

Yesterday, I finished the Right Bicep, and i'm working now on the right forearm. I've cut out things and so far and i'll score either tonight or tommorow.

im so full of envy of everyone else pepakura helm, the folds are much cleaner then mine...oh well work with what'd ya got, nice folds hope it turns out great

Well, being the distracted guy I am, I've been slacking and playing Halo 3 on Live for the past week or so, and I haven't gotten much else done.

I didn't scale the forearm or bicep, so it's not going to fit right. I did scale the calf properly, and it fits like a charm. I resined the foot, but I think i'm going to redo my helmet. I'll put some supports in for the top part of it, because it started to sag and just went from there, so it looks kind of crappy now anyway.

I'm printing out Left Calf right now, and I'll hope to get it done today(and maybe even resin the right calf).

Thanks a lot for all of your support everyone, it helps me to keep pressing on.

I got both shin pieces assembled, and the one of them is drying right now.

I also assembled one of the forearm pieces, and i'll hopefully start on the other soon.

After that, i'm going to redo the helmet, and then tackle the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back