my xbox got the red ring of death!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redragon74

im searching trying to find out what to do... its a gen 1 xbox got it about a month or 2 after they came out....

who do i contact -,- and do i need to pay anything -,- by my knowlege i had the standard 1 year on it but because it was paid by american express it doubled to a 2 year

Do you have an account at xbox.com
If so go there, log in. make sure that the console is registered.
then go to support. and click on repair agent.(its greenish and has a xbox on it)
Then request a repair and fill out all the blanks.
Then if your xbox is still in warranty they will send you a box, free of charge.
All you have to do is put the xbox in the box. (Take off hard drive, controllers etc.)
Seal it up and take it to the nearest ups or fedex. which ever one it says, and everything is prepaid.

i do have an account on xbox.com
the warrenty should still be in because i member they extended it for an extra 3 years
i dont member if it was registerd though i think it is -,-
thanks for the info monday im goin to fill it all out etc.

Welcome to the club! I'm on my 4th right now...
Call 1-800-4 MY XBOX and they'll take you through the steps. If you have the 3 RRoD, then you're covered. They'll send you a box, you pack it up and send it off. You'll get it back in about 2 weeks or so. They're pretty helpful (if you're nice and treat them well) and you'll be back to gaming in no time! And if you haven't registered it, they'll register it for you on the phone.

IM SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS!

the red rings of death is due to a HARDWARE PROBLEM!

if you got a warranty, send it in. when you get it repaired and
sent back to you, buy an intercooler ($15-25) ASAP.

THIS IS THE ANSWER TO THE RED RINGS OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inter coolers actually make your console work harder and over heat, due to the fact that it draws power from the xbox's power source that is meant to just power the xbox.
I got some fans that plug into the wall blowing straight to my xbox.

Dude my frend got this the other day and all it is is a hardwear faliure. Get it fixed or something cost around 50 pound to get it fixed...... and for gods sake stop calling it the ring of death! Its realy anoying. its just its nickname. its 3 red rings and somethings gone wrong with it....... There its not such a big deal!

Spartan-K22 said:
IM SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS!

the red rings of death is due to a HARDWARE PROBLEM!

if you got a warranty, send it in. when you get it repaired and
sent back to you, buy an intercooler ($15-25) ASAP.

THIS IS THE ANSWER TO THE RED RINGS OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol yea like cross fire said it actually does make it worse

same with plugging it into a surge protector i like calling it the RRoD though cause thats basically what it is, the death of the system -,- i think im going to go with vaders and just call i dont feel like fussing with everything online OOO YES!! -,- bleh i want my assassins creed fix -,-

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines done it twice. something to do with the GPU someone told me. Its a bit poo, but it could be worse, you could have bought a ps3

its called the red ring of death, spartinmartin, because it makes ppl
want to die.

crossfire, you are a genius. point fans at yo xbox!

Naw, it's called the RRoD because it's Red, it's a Ring, and it signifies Death of a system. Very similar to the Blue Screen of Death, but instead of Blue and a Screen, well, you get the idea.

But seriously, Redragon - call the number, they can help. The worst that could happen is that you pay for it to be fixed. The best is that you get a brand new system. Funny thing, the 360 I have now was made between the time I called it in and the time I got it back. How's that for some sweetness?

hells ya man so it litterally is brand spanken new do i still keep my hard drive or do they send me a new one to lol

The HDD is yours, it wont break as easy as the system will, so keep it, and send back the system to them, dont have any disc's inside either, they might just keep them too. My friend sent microsoft 24 xbox360 games, got brand new discs in a envelope, I dont know how or why, but he traded old discs for new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back