Need desperate help going forward in project [T45D Power Armour Helmet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SourTarte

So I got a T45D Fallout Power Armour Helmet Peped out with the whole thing fibreglassed and a first part of Rondo painting on the inside when I remembered something I did that might be an issue.

I used hot glue to glue the parts together but only on the outsides to remove possibility of knobbly bits inside.

Now that I'm getting close to sanding, I need to know how to deal with getting the hot glue off or make it so I can sand it off.

If it were me, I'd finish glassing the inside, then I'd bake it. 200f should do it. You'll have to leave it for a while and I have no idea what it will do to the glass or the paper, but it'll melt the glue and get it gone. Use at your own risk.

Otherwise, no idea.

Well I have a heat gun, maybe I could try scraping off some with that? Or the flathead of a screwdriver or scalpel?

A heat gun will certainly melt the glue and should allow you to then remove it with a scalpel.

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

I think your best option is to finsh doing the inside then come back to the out side and use a sharp blade to cut thought the fiberglass and cut the hot gule off

Can you provide a picture? I'm not familiar with knobbly bits inside. Although it sounds like I want to be. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back