Need Grunt data

Status
Not open for further replies.

reenact12321

Jr Member
Ok, some of you may remember me as beginning a very ambitious model of 343 Guilty Spark, Well, GS bit it when my basement flooded and I've decided I want to try something a little different anyway.

Now, I'm aware there are 3D models of characters floating around, and I've opened a few of them in Pepakura. However, the models are far too complex to simply unfold. I own GMax and 3DS Max and can edit the models if someone can recommend a way to simplify them so Pepakura might be able to handle them better

Now I can't imagine I am the first to try this so I'm going to ask first

Does anyone have a reasonably simplified set of the Grunt model in a PDO so I can print it and build it?

I plan to make him lifesize. And this time no water in the basement

If no one has those files please assist me in how to simplify the model so I can do it myself.
Thanks

Charlie

you're insane.

it's gona be a godly creation.

i can't figure out how to fiberglass 'closed' items... like

armor, you can access both sides of the paper, therefore you can fiberglas the inside.

but a gun, you can't. just fiberglas the outside?

well, I had my first "holy crap" moment this morning, I cut out the first piece that is easily identifiable. It is that oval slot in Spark's back that glows blue and you more or less assume is his little propulsion unit. The oval I made was bigger than my hand so, I finally got a sense of how big this is going to be. scary stuff. lol

343 Guilty Spark, that Robot you see in Halo 1, in the library with the flood, you also see it in Halo 3, it helps you after the part where you first get the scorpion (Forgot all of the level names.)

Arthraxis said:
343 Guilty Spark, that Robot you see in Halo 1, in the library with the flood, you also see it in Halo 3, it helps you after the part where you first get the scorpion (Forgot all of the level names.)

correct, and the big part is just the bigger blueprint for this model versus the little one. He'll be lifesize. I remember how big he's supposed to be when I remembered Sgt. Johnson rides him in Halo 2.

My next project... I'm thinking, a lifesize grunt, but one thing at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
daystar558 said:
are all the peices big or small?

What do you mean? most of the pieces fit on one sheet of paper, but there are like 6 that overrun and you have to glue them together. Or are you talking about pepakura pieces in general?

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody know what I should do to reinforce the ball part before I close it up?

And is rubber cement one of the glues that will be eaten by resin?

I suggest you fiberglass it. I know, it will be hard, but here's an idea.

Leave a small hole open at the lesser seen and least touched area. Fiberglass as much as you can, and then finally plug the hole. When you resin the outside, that should provide enough strength for the least touched least seen area so it won't poke through.

Just an idea for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back