need help figuring out the real life dimensions of the reach grenade launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noble one, if you have halo reach on you, go into forge real quick and compare it next to the assault rifle, since we know that the assault rifle is 80cm long life sized. So I'd say it's about 65-75 cm long, so anywhere in there should be just fine. You can check to make sure though. I'll get back to you once I try it, but it's not going to be until a little later today. Best of luck!

sadly i dont have reach "yet" because my xbox is broken. but thanks for looking into it, besides it will be awhile before it is ready to be scaled i am in the process of deleting some of the non required faces to make pepping it easier. thanks again

Alright Noble, I went on Halo reach and I came up with this... With the AR measuring 8 inches on my tv screen, and my hovering right above it, the grenade launcher beside it measured a little under 6.5 inches. So a scale of 640-650mm would be nearly perfect. Hope this helps.

Thank kadus, I been a bit delayed on this, as I am also working on some armor for Halloween and I am spending most of the time scaling that instead. Thanks again :D

Good luck on your armor! It looks like it's coming along fairly well, just don't give up. I defintily understand what you mean by your parents thinking it pointless, although once they saw my finished recon, they've been a little more supportive. If you could finish the helmet and show them, they might be willing to help a little more. And don't worry about not working on it, you're the one doing all the work, so just do it whenever you have spare time when you're not doing the countless other things that life requires. I really wish I could help you out, so if you have maybe the finished version of the model (ie. not the useless parts for in-game models) then I might be able to unfold myself. Whatever you do, best of luck!

sweet man, I am about to start the pro pipe too and sizing it would be great, im also trying to figure out where exactly the launcher is folding and whatnot.

I would have to guess that it would be around 48.8 inches long since it's about the same size as the Halo Shotgun.

I pulled out a yard stick after trying the Forge method and I'm actually kinda shocked to admit but it's 37 to 40 inches in length. Keeping in mind, spartian threes are smaller than Spartian 2 counter-parts and only a hair bigger than a marine, I'd say this is about right. Good ideas everyone, I'm liking this.

i would guess mabey 50 inches long using a 40mm grenade. could be larger of smaller but you can actually see the grenade in forge or just hold down to trigger and the grenade becomes a mine which goes off when you release the trigger.

i am attempting to unfold a reach grenade launcher for
Kadus27 and i need to know what the diminsions would be if it were life sized. right when it is unfolded it is about 3 inches long. here is a link to 3d model download if anyone would like to figure this out for me(i suck at scaling) http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5482

Pretty easy :)
Take the Obj file.
strip it down to just the Barrel.
Import barrel into pep designer, auto unfold with width of 50mm.
reason for Making the barrel width 50mm (40mm inside diameter) allow 5mm outside diameter (makes 50mm)
Note scale (in this case it is 5.372994)

Now take the orginal complete Obj file, unfold using that scale and you will have exact size of the completed weapon :)
the whole thing is around 657mm long.

My advice.
Get some 40mm inside diameter pipe at a length of 489mm for the barrel and build the rest with pep or plasti card.
Thats what I am going to do anyway.

ill probably edit the model to take out the barrel section and make an exploded parts version at that scale to make the parts easier to make individually before putting it all together.

Guys,
I gave you the answer further up!

to recap:

Barrel is 489mm (48.9cm)
Over all length is 657mm (65.7cm)
and scale for the attached model in pep (when you unfold) 5.372994

guys, i havent posted in this thread since halogoddess(i think) took over the unfold, but as soon as its done i will post a thread or link. just thought you might want to know that i am not working on this anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back