Need Help Making A Clear Horn

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbadedBigfoot89

Hello! I'm making the Rainbow Smash harvesting tool from Fortnite and I'm stuck on making the horn clear so I can light it up. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Have you heard of transparent worbla? You can shape it to the right shape and when lit, it will catch light pretty good too.

Yes I just googled that stuff 20 minutes ago. Is there anything out there thats cheaper?

There is materials that are cheaper than clear worbla by surface area but the tools to use them are definitely more expensive than a pair of scissors and a heat gun. It's kind of the trade-off with a lot of things unfortunately. If you have access to a vacuum former you could make a master to form clear plastic around. If you know someone with a 3D printer they might be able to print in clear PLA or PETG.

My local plastics store has sample pieces and offcuts of various materials, you could see if there's anything like that available near you. Worst case you ask, they say no and you are at a plastics store and the employees might have a cheaper alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back