Need help on my BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

adlib1

Hey I'm new here and I don't know that much about all of this but I want to make a BR from H2 or H3. But I don't know what to make it out of that would be sturdy and cheap I've got a scaled drawing but I need materal ideas. And some reference photos. Thanks

you can do clay and make a mole then make a cast. that way if you break it, you can make another one. you can use wood. you can use paper/cardboard. it all goes with your pricerange

ODST190 said:
Hey I'm new here and I don't know that much about all of this but I want to make a AR from H2 or H3. But I don't know what to make it out of that would be sturdy and cheap I've got a scaled drawing but I need materal ideas. And some reference photos. Thanks

You best try pepakura...

What you do is you download the program...
Download the file...
Scale it to the right size if it isn't already on the program...
Use Paper CardStock...
You will then use fiberglass resin on it to make it hard...

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that doing pep dosn't work because of so many folds it just cant be done. or is their a simple verion that you could add here that would be great thanks!

ODST190 said:
I read that doing pep dosn't work because of so many folds it just cant be done. or is their a simple verion that you could add here that would be great thanks!

Pep is really cheap... It's a great way to start when you don't know what to do...

Normal Paper will not work of pep...

[attachment=206:br_1.jpg]
[attachment=207:br_2.jpg]
[attachment=208:br_3.jpg]
[attachment=209:br_4.jpg]
[attachment=210:br_5.jpg]
[attachment=211:br_6.jpg]
Some Halo 3 ref pics.

thanks for the pic its what i've bin looking for. And could some one put the file for the BR pep plz. and is there any tutorials for fiberglassing it thanks.

ODST190 said:
thanks for the pic its what i've bin looking for. And could some one put the file for the BR pep plz. and is there any tutorials for fiberglassing it thanks.
Never try pep weapons on first time. I recommend you do a bicep to a small scale so you get the hang of pep pep weapons are really hard and have over 300 folds each so best you try a piece of armor first. Or make a mold read the first post.

Thats what i thout but how do i make a mold i need a BR to make a mold would carving it out of styrofome if so what kind or is there soming elsle i can use.
tutorials would be nice thanks

Yes, you can use Styrofoam, Heres the thing, you can only carve out a rough shape of the BR, not the final copy. But! you can cover the entire rough shape in Bondo Body filler, and work out every detail. Then you grab your molding stuff and make more.
Bondo is easy to use, but it's heavyish.

Ironcobra3000 said:
Yes, you can use Styrofoam, Heres the thing, you can only carve out a rough shape of the BR, not the final copy. But! you can cover the entire rough shape in Bondo Body filler, and work out every detail. Then you grab your molding stuff and make more.
Bondo is easy to use, but it's heavyish.
OK now do i just mix it and pore it over it and just use sand paper to do detail. and do you know what i could make the mold out of and what to fill it with. thank

No, don't do that.
When you get your bondo body filler, make a dog poop sized pile of it on a piece of cardboard(make sure its large) then add just a bit of hardener cream(it comes with it) then mix using a wooden paint stick. use the same stick to put it on. you can do alot with a little bit, Hell my helmet is almost covered and I still got most of the can left. after it hardens, sand it down with a Cheese grater(go to the hardware store, look in the carpentry tools, near the wood files) its also called a surform plane, just ask about it. sand it down. Take a dremal and work out the details.

Ironcobra3000 said:
No, don't do that.
When you get your bondo body filler, make a dog poop sized pile of it on a piece of cardboard(make sure its large) then add just a bit of hardener cream(it comes with it) then mix using a wooden paint stick. use the same stick to put it on. you can do alot with a little bit, Hell my helmet is almost covered and I still got most of the can left. after it hardens, sand it down with a Cheese grater(go to the hardware store, look in the carpentry tools, near the wood files) its also called a surform plane, just ask about it. sand it down. Take a dremal and work out the details.
I just have some questions. Will the body filler heat up and hurt the syrofome. and i saw your helmit and what kind of syrofome is it and where did you get it. thank

Bondo body filler will not damage Styrofoam, I got my foam at wallmart's Craft section, it comes in green, its just basic stuff, good for making a rough shape.
Body filler doesn't get hot, but I don't recommend getting it on your hands :lol: you can smooth it out with a stick, it works well.

This is what I used for the base of my BR:

[attachment=294:Battle_R..._start_2.jpg]

This is how it turned out:

[attachment=295:p1010516.JPG]

Thinking about taking the grenade launcher off... or I'll just make a poll.

ODST190 said:
Hey I'm new here and I don't know that much about all of this but I want to make a BR from H2 or H3. But I don't know what to make it out of that would be sturdy and cheap I've got a scaled drawing but I need materal ideas. And some reference photos. Thanks

Hey! I'm having the same problem as you. I'm trying to make my BR out of card stock. Fiberglass the inside and resin the outside while i'm making it. THe problem is i dun want the gun to turn out shiny/glossy when i paint it or when i put fiberglass on it. And what kind of sand paper do i use to smoothen the surface of it after fiber glassing and resining it?

war_veteran117 said:
Hey! I'm having the same problem as you. I'm trying to make my BR out of card stock. Fiberglass the inside and resin the outside while i'm making it. THe problem is i dun want the gun to turn out shiny/glossy when i paint it or when i put fiberglass on it. And what kind of sand paper do i use to smoothen the surface of it after fiber glassing and resining it?

For the shiny/glossy dilemna, you just use flat or matte paint. I have little or no experience with fiberglass. Better if someone else answered this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back