need help on pepakura helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
flying_squirl said:
1. you glue the flaps together by using numbers to find the ones that go together. i.e. flap #1 goes to the other flap #1

2. the handiest way is to have the pep file still open, that way you can check with it. you click on the button that haS a box with one red side and a question mark, then you click on the peice you wre wondering about and hey presto, the corisponding face turns red on the model. it even rotates to give you a better look at it.

3. nope, bondo is for detailing. most people use fiber glass resin (just the resin) as a first layer or two to build up strength. you could go down the paper mache route thoe wich is cheaper and slightly less... toxic.

4. see answer 1.

5. if your going the fiber glass route you start fiber glassing the inside. theres a few tutorials on this so i wont go into it.

6. if your using fiberglass... HELL YES!!!! unless you think a mister chief suit is worth lung cancer.

7. nope, you can start folding right away. a cheap ones? thats the grail. normaly they will cost you about $20. there is a few alternatives including plastic with the shiny stuff boy racers put in their windows.

heh, you probibly didnt get an answer cuz everyone would probibly be avoiding there cuz their kinda sick of the people who post things like:
I WUNA MAKE TEH MISTER CHEIF!!!!!!!!!!!1 HELP MEEE!!1!!! NOW!!!! I HVNT LUKED ARONDZ BUT U MUST TELL ME WER STUF IZ AN JUS GIMME YOUR ONE!!!! HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO BUY ONEZZ!!!!! etc.

Lol, thanks. So you can use super glue for the flaps? Or do you perfer the hotglue route (although I cant see how you would get rid of the hot glue....droplets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back