Nerf LMTD Needler Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

einherjarvalk

Bought one so nobody else would have to if it was bad. ;)

FhJOr7VWAAIYvlr?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

First impressions: this is a superb option for people afraid of getting their ARs/BRs confiscated at prop check. Absolutely nobody will have any questions about whether or not this is a real gun. It is $100 USD, though, so there's a steep entry fee, but IMO, it's worth it.

Gun is very nicely sized and has Infinite-accurate colors with no orange tips anywhere on the model. The needles themselves are also perfect - there's notable irregularity in their shape that makes them look nice and sharp, but they're completely made out of silicone, so there's no real risk of them breaking or posing a stab hazard. The grip has a sensor in it that lights the entire gun up when held, making the needles, muzzle, and ammo counter glow nicely. This grip is also the only place where the Nerf logo is found.

Screw holes are all on the left side, so if you're right-handed, rest assured that all the holes are on the "inboard" side and won't show in photos. There's also a switch at the bottom of the left side grip. The switch can be used to turn the lighting and motor effects on or off. When pushed all the way to the left, the motor is left off and the trigger is effectively "dead" (i.e., it will not fire darts or cycle the cylinder), but the lights will be on at all times. Pushing the switch all the way to the right activates the motor, trigger, and cylinder, and makes lighting dependent on whether or not the gun is being held. The gun is turned off with the switch in the middle.

Batteries are not included, but unlike the MA40, the Needler takes 6x AA batteries, which are much lighter and easier to find. Batteries install on the bottom of the gun after removing two screws. I don't delve into performance since that's not *really* what most people here are interested in this for, but the gun is fully automatic (albeit with a very low ROF) and fairly accurate/powerful relative to other Nerf guns from my childhood. Darts are pink Nerf Elite darts, fired from a 10-round revolver cylinder in the muzzle.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this as an impulse buy! It's a steep price, but it's basically a ready-made prop gun option for most people if you can find one in stock, and one that's very color and detail accurate to the Infinite model. Some people have noted it might look better with a weathering pass or a varnish coat, but I'm used to Covvie weapons looking shiny and new all the time, so this will probably never get a coat of either as long as it's in my collection.

Man that looks awesome! Thanks for the review, I really wish I could justify the purchase though with all the nerf guns I already have...

Wow that is amazing and the size looks really good. Too bad it's sold out.

Bought one so nobody else would have to if it was bad. ;)

View attachment 325318

First impressions: this is a superb option for people afraid of getting their ARs/BRs confiscated at prop check. Absolutely nobody will have any questions about whether or not this is a real gun. It is $100 USD, though, so there's a steep entry fee, but IMO, it's worth it.

Gun is very nicely sized and has Infinite-accurate colors with no orange tips anywhere on the model. The needles themselves are also perfect - there's notable irregularity in their shape that makes them look nice and sharp, but they're completely made out of silicone, so there's no real risk of them breaking or posing a stab hazard. The grip has a sensor in it that lights the entire gun up when held, making the needles, muzzle, and ammo counter glow nicely. This grip is also the only place where the Nerf logo is found.

Screw holes are all on the left side, so if you're right-handed, rest assured that all the holes are on the "inboard" side and won't show in photos. There's also a switch at the bottom of the left side grip. The switch can be used to turn the lighting and motor effects on or off. When pushed all the way to the left, the motor is left off and the trigger is effectively "dead" (i.e., it will not fire darts or cycle the cylinder), but the lights will be on at all times. Pushing the switch all the way to the right activates the motor, trigger, and cylinder, and makes lighting dependent on whether or not the gun is being held. The gun is turned off with the switch in the middle.

Batteries are not included, but unlike the MA40, the Needler takes 6x AA batteries, which are much lighter and easier to find. Batteries install on the bottom of the gun after removing two screws. I don't delve into performance since that's not *really* what most people here are interested in this for, but the gun is fully automatic (albeit with a very low ROF) and fairly accurate/powerful relative to other Nerf guns from my childhood. Darts are pink Nerf Elite darts, fired from a 10-round revolver cylinder in the muzzle.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this as an impulse buy! It's a steep price, but it's basically a ready-made prop gun option for most people if you can find one in stock, and one that's very color and detail accurate to the Infinite model. Some people have noted it might look better with a weathering pass or a varnish coat, but I'm used to Covvie weapons looking shiny and new all the time, so this will probably never get a coat of either as long as it's in my collection.
Solid review thank you! I have been going back and forth on grabbing a covenant weapon!

Thank you for the detailed review can now relax knowing my pre order wasn't for nothing, hoping to get mine soon.

anyone know where i can get my hands on one of these did not know nerf made one man im old..

Oh, wow. That's super nice. I have one on order with Big Bad Toy Store. Can't wait to see that in person now when it comes in.

after seeing this post i ordered mine the same day. Should be shipped out by the end of this week at the latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back