Props Nerf N-strike Vulcan > Plasma Cannon Turret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathwasp

Jr Member
EDIT:
Should have tossed this in the noob forum. Any mods care to delete?

I hate to be the nub that tries to build a nerf gun into a halo weapon, but dammit they don't let airsoft guns into comic conventions! :p
http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-N-Strike-Vulcan...r/dp/B0013U95U2

Picked this up a few weeks ago, and I noticed the handle protrudes backward much like the Covenant plasma cannon: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/ima...asma_Cannon.jpg

I realize that the chain loading presents a problem, but would anybody have any encouragement/advice/insults to my fiendish plot? Has anybody tried it?
It certainly will require a lot of dremil work, I realize. :p

I have a vulcan and, it seems like an idea that might work if you have the right tools, but ONLY if you have the right tools AND materials.

I've thought about this ever since I bought the gun last year. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about it.

Good luck, and get ready to pull the thing apart so you can change the internals. You might as well add some flashy lights and stuff to it, and remove the Nerf firing ability, to make it more realistic.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I've thought about this ever since I bought the gun last year. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about it.

Good luck, and get ready to pull the thing apart so you can change the internals. You might as well add some flashy lights and stuff to it, and remove the Nerf firing ability, to make it more realistic.

Where's the fun in removing the firing ability? :p
How am I supposed to paint the darts a glow-in-the-dark blue and have a camera-flash rigged up to the trigger, if it can't fire?! D:

Last edited by a moderator:
likes2snipe said:
Why not the Human turret from Halo 2, The m247 GP?

Um. Wow. How'd I miss that?
That'd be a thousand times easier.
Shift the ammo down into a barrel below...
Huh.
This could be accomplished with PVC tubing, some cardboard, and resin. :D
Thanks likes2snipe.
As badass as the covey turret is, I can see this working a lot better.

Deathwasp said:
EDIT:

I realize that the chain loading presents a problem, but would anybody have any encouragement/advice/insults to my fiendish plot? Has anybody tried it?
It certainly will require a lot of dremil work, I realize. :p

ImaGonnaGetYou said:

You COULD mod it to be a covenant turret. forget the chains, brass the barrel and add an ammo hopper. as for the internals, they require a multi-level map to navigate. go to nerfhaven and go to forsaken angel 24's mod directory in the modifications forum. look for splitlip's major vulcan overhaul. it has ALOT about the vulcan. AND a multi leveled color coded map of the internals.

I hope this isn't a necro post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back