Props Nerf Reach Assault Rifle PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Skylow, do you think you can give us some blueprints or maybe a scale of a specific AR pep file that works for the model?

I'm really sorry i haven't checked up on this in a while i've been so swamped with school i have to get back into updating this and my noble six helmet thread. Thank you guys so much for all of your comments. I only used the pepe file for two of the front pecies of the gun and for some of the template. sadly the templates got destroyed as i used them so there arent really any true blueprints for it. The pep file i used for the AR is located in the halo reach pep files thread, or right here

http://www.4shared.com/file/fablkk0D/Reach_AR.html

I did scale the whole pep up about 10% just to make it compatible with the Nerf gun, and to Blowing Bomb, yes you can link this to your blog as long as you give credit and I'm sure you will. I will have to sift through the thread and get up to date on peoples comments but for the moment feel free to ask questions. In the future after winter it was in my plans to redo my work and cast parts of it as sort of a "Kit" for the Nerf recon for people who wanted one. It could still be some time yet before that happens but i just wanted to put that out there.

I've totally got a nerf gun and I'm currently working on one of these. Thank you so much for the awesome design. I can only hope that the one I do looks half as good as yours. I had one question to ask you, how did you attach the pieces you peped to the gun? I was thinkin of using a really strong superglue to attach the front pieces to the barrel. Thanks for any input you can give me. I'll probably have more questions once I get more completed on it.

Thanks for the advice I will take a look at using epoxy now. I've got the front pieces peped now and painted the gun flat black so after I find a piece of pipe for the barrel I will be resining/rondoing those pieces. I was also thinking about using foam in layers to create the shoulder stock instead of MDF just because I don't really have the tools for shaping MDF. Thanks again for the advice and enjoy your holidays!

This would have made Humans vs Zombies so much easier. They all would have ran in fright! That thing looks so realistic. Kudos isn't good enough...maybe uberkudos?

Great work Skylow! Love how the nerf guns look if given a little work.

Im currently working on a Stampede/Pulse rifle but i have a spare Longshot that needs to be modded. I wonder if i should do something like this with it...

Hey man, great work, but how did you incorporate the ammo counter? can you hit me up on that? thanks!

I made my own ammo counter image in Illustrator, I've uploaded it here for you if you would like to use the file. I recently modified it to be up to date since i originally made it before the games release and you will need to scale it to the size you wish to use. I might have to work on it and release a cleaner to scale version later.

Untitled-1.png

And other than that it was just some Styrene and clear acrylic to cover it. I Know everyone wants blueprints for this but really the pep file is your best blueprint. i cut out and traced parts from it to cut my parts to size and modified as needed. I'm still contemplating making a mod kit for this.

I made my own ammo counter image in Illustrator, I've uploaded it here for you if you would like to use the file. I recently modified it to be up to date since i originally made it before the games release and you will need to scale it to the size you wish to use. I might have to work on it and release a cleaner to scale version later.

Untitled-1.png

And other than that it was just some Styrene and clear acrylic to cover it. I Know everyone wants blueprints for this but really the pep file is your best blueprint. i cut out and traced parts from it to cut my parts to size and modified as needed. I'm still contemplating making a mod kit for this.

WOW thank you, i actually thought you got a real ammo counter, like i am hahaah,
Check out mine, its in my thread, i'd love some more tips man!

Wow, that image looks great. Mind if I print a few up and see how it looks illuminated? I just need to tweak it to remove the numbers, my number display can shine through the dark blue background.

Wow, that image looks great. Mind if I print a few up and see how it looks illuminated? I just need to tweak it to remove the numbers, my number display can shine through the dark blue background.

Yea of course just make sure to give credit if you make any posts, that actually gives me a great idea too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back