New armor material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox Five

Rather new to this, I know a friend who made a rather nice storm trooper outfit so I am hoping he would help me with some Halo 2 armor. I was thinking about my options and I was wondering if using sheetmetal would work. Of course there would be some trail and error but is it possible?

Edit: I do not need it to be a perfect proffessional molding of the sheet metal, I can do welding and what not my self. Was thinking using the Pepakura prints and winging it, I just would like to know if it was tried before.

in theory it is a good idea but you have to think of how hazardous this could be, welding, sharp edges, and the pure cost of it would be pretty big You're better off with paprika or something, that is unless you're jumping into battle against an army of brutes.

Hazardous?

Yea I figured it might be a little harzardous, But I am a pretty decent welder I should be able to get it. I dont really want to go to Pepakura, was thinking foam first. As for battle, I would only be challenging PS3 fanboys. :christa:

NO SHEET METAL:

Too much
No Detail
Too Heavy
Too dangerous
Too Hard for result

a1200 said:
in theory it is a good idea but you have to think of how hazardous this could be, welding, sharp edges, and the pure cost of it would be pretty big You're better off with paprika or something, that is unless you're jumping into battle against an army of brutes.

Mmmhh... tasty armor x)

Last edited by a moderator:
I read in an authorized Halo book that MCs armor was Plasteel ;-) ;-)

So ABS plastic would work :dee:

Dont say it smart people.

Chewdog316 said:
So ABS would work :dee:

Sheet plastic would also help. ;-) ........................... :christa:
Oh, god. I couldn't help it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh come on guys, Sheet metal would be fine... but I'd rather use kevlar >.>
0702_1.JPG

think about it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.