New Guy Needing Gundam Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

godxgundam

Dear Halo community,

I am planning to build a fitting suit of armor for myself based upon the RX-78-02 Gundam. I've tried searched pepakura, blogs, forums, and other sites, and had no luck. I am a college student in Georgia, so naturally, my budget is limited. I'm new to the process, so please keep things simple. All I am looking for is suggestions for the building of the

head,

chest,

lower legs, and

lower arm parts.

I'm fairly useful with hot glue and the usage of cardboard and foam board. This project of mine is due for Anime Weekly Atlanta in August, so time is my friend, for now. Please lend me any experience and links you may find helpful.

I have found a few card model sites with Gundam stuff which I converted to large scale pieces. I don't know of any PEP files though. Try asking Nintendude, he might know of some.

Good luck,

Brash

Well, found what I was looking for. Props to JUICE, so I'll be starting my custom Gundam suit this summer, when I have time, money, and no finals for college.

I am interested in seeing this build. I also have another Gundam helmet which I believe was also made by JUICE. Not sure which Gundam it is, but I also have all the files to the Gundam that you will be working on. :pJust in case someone wants me to build them a Gundam suit. XD

I too would love to see the progress on this once you start it, I have these file working on my pep skills before I attempt that beast. lol

i love how no one brings me up ugh lol jk any ways check out my thread for the gundam the chest wasn't bad but it was fun tho im going to redo the head so i can start collecting head like ithica but i found the legs to be hard but it was fun to have ounce done

Well, as I said guys, more work when late April comes around! However, as opposed to the " Full Armor Covering " I see so often on this site, I must add and construct armor my armor in my own special touch. Pictures will come as well, don't worry. I'm OCD about it all though, so I'm just spending time reading post about pepakura, resin covering, and bondo like a good little newb.

Gundams are geometrically simple and relatively uniform, so it should be pretty straightforward. :)

but I warn you Time is NOT on your side. I started an ODST in July thinking I'd be done by haloween, i was not. :( just be very careful about your time and remember that this is an El Nino year, meaning more rain, meaning less time to work outdoors.

-Good luck! I'd love to see the result!

Thats cool. I planned to work in the garage anyway. Plus, I'm kinda an insomniac. Well, I am. So if it's a guy who has nothing to do, it's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back