NEW HALO 2 MAPS ANNOUNCED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?ty...ainaffinitymaps

Mark your calendars, the new maps will be available April 17th!

Woot!

New Halo 2 Maps Revealed!
Posted by Frankie at 3/30/2007 8:41 AM PDT
It's true! here's the digest version: Two new maps, both available on April 17th through the Halo 2 downloader in the game itself, and it's just $4 for the pair.The maps ar Tombstone and Desolation - remakes of Hang 'Em High and Derelict, respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks great, to bad I dont got live :(, I noticed there is no Halo in the background of either map, and tombstone looked like an industrial environment perhaps downgraded looks and feel of Halo 3?

whoa, hang em high remake. AWESOME.

I've never like the other one. It's a sniper teleport camping hell.

WanderingRon1n said:
i cant wait for these to come out. i wonder how many MS points they will cost.
U can't use em cuz they are a reg xbox download

I recognised that there was going to be some confusion for people who read the announcement, but didn't read the weekly update that came out later that day. So for anyone who thinks they WON'T be able to play... you might be wrong.

From the Weekly Update:

Now, about the downloading and payment and compatibility and all that. It works on Xbox and 360. It was originally scheduled to be a 360 only game, but it just wasn’t going to work out. Number one, there are a lot of Xbox players out there who can’t afford a 360, or are waiting for a birthday or holiday gift – so they wouldn’t be able to play. Worse still, we’d have to split the matchmaking playlists differently and that wouldn’t have been fair either. So in the interests of fairness and an easy life, it’s on Xbox and Xbox 360.

Because of that, we can’t use Xbox Live Marketplace – it obviously doesn’t exist on the old Xbox. So this will be one of the last times you use a credit card proper to buy a map. In the Halo 2 game interface, you simply select the download option from the main interface, and it will show the new content there. This likely won’t ever be available on a disc, like the last maps, so this is your only method for the moment. These maps could in theory be made free eventually, like last time, but the truth is that we’ll have moved on to Halo 3 by then and it won’t be a priority. So don’t hold your breath. If you don't have a credit card, simply buy a $4 Visa gift card at a supermarket. Bam!

Rejoice in the new mapitude!

WanderingRon1n said:
they are only an xbox 360 exclusive you cant get them for reg xbox.
Not true. They were origonally intended to be, but complications arose, and are now avalible for both. one thing, though. Now MS points won't work to buy them, you need a credit card... :(

SPARTAN+MJOLNIR=OWNAGE said:
WanderingRon1n said:
they are only an xbox 360 exclusive you cant get them for reg xbox.
Not true. They were origonally intended to be, but complications arose, and are now avalible for both. one thing, though. Now MS points won't work to buy them, you need a credit card... :(

so these are not free? :evil:

Hmm makes me think twice about them now. You almost have to be a hardcore everyday kinda gamer to want these maps.

well if you play online sometimes you cant play unless you have the newest maps on your harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back