New Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

typhis333

So i finished for the most part the bigger fitting helm and thought i would show it off, I have also started on the chest plate today. also put resin on the exparement helm so yah it been a productiv day for me yay! :)

[attachment=9724:picture_017.jpg]
[attachment=9728:picture_015.jpg]
[attachment=9727:picture_016.jpg]
I did not put in the fake papre viser, do i really need to does it help keep it strong when i put the resin on?

Your helmet looks realy good. It looks like your folds are nice and neat and everything lined up straight. Good job. I personally put the visors in because it does help when you resin and glass. Every bit of extra strength you can get helps. Keep up the great work and post more pics when you get more done.

Very nice. I don't know if you really need to put the visor in, you could if you wanted to be careful. I didn't for my ODST and resining went fine, even if it was annoying. It kept its shape.

Keep up the good work!

ODST has a build that will support not having a visor though. Spartan helmet's have a very high chance of warping without it.
1. Because the resin will soak the paper and make it soft.
2. Resin is thick and heavy, it weighs the top down and flattens it. I highly reccomend putting it in >__<
if you dont want to though, just make sure that when you resin it, your first coat is VERY thin.
looking fantastic so far though

Very good first build!

Everything looks clean and I don't see any pre-warping.
The visor will help a little when it comes to the front warping down a bit. Like people have said previously I put it in only until the first coat is dry then I cut it out with an exacto. But it's all up to you :D

Can't wait to see the chest piece!

What is a good and easy way to suport it from the inside? I dont have alot of roundish stuff in my house, and i dont know where to get a foam head thing. Is there a serten place or places that sell those things any ways?

P.S. im a girl :p

typhis333 said:
What is a good and easy way to suport it from the inside? I dont have alot of roundish stuff in my house, and i dont know where to get a foam head thing. Is there a serten place or places that sell those things any ways?

P.S. im a girl :p

You could try using pieces of cardboard if you have them, that's what I've heard works really well, and just hot glue them into place, for your supports that is.
Exactly what do you mean by "foam head thing"? Are you talking about the foam inserts, to make it fit bigger?

We need more female Spartans here in the 405th.

Oh and btw, welcome to the 405th, I forgot to say that earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
The foam heads they put wigs on and stuff, I have seen people with them just have never found them any where.

and yes there needs to be more woman spartens haha. thats goign to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back