new helmet by smilie120

Status
Not open for further replies.
smilie120 said:
I completly agree, and I also think the pictures dont do it justice have a look at the vid :D
WOW man i wish i had your kind of talent man ,,,its amazing ....those little details on the top of the jaw and the bottom ...are those peakura folds or are they bondo details ?
thanks
,Dallis

Last edited by a moderator:
To make them I layerd bondo ofer the pepakura and fiberglass frame, and the I carved them out with a dremel and sanded them (they still need work)

smilie120 said:
To make them I layerd bondo ofer the pepakura and fiberglass frame, and the I carved them out with a dremel and sanded them (they still need work)
oh ok i understand well it looks like im going to have to steal your idea then , lol jk but it looks great ...keep u[p the good work!
,Dallis

Ok somthing terrible happend to my helm when I started, when I fiberglassed the side I did'nt put enough foam in on the left side :cautious: . So when I glassed it, it caved in. So I cut out the piece with my dremel made a new quick template. Im going to glass this after and il get some pics up to show you if it works. Here are some pics of the disaster and what ive done:

dsc00890ex5.jpg

thats the helmet with the hole in it :unsure:

dsc00896qo6.jpg

with the quick template.

dsc00898av1.jpg

the helmet from the front (still ad gorgeous as ever :D)

--smilie120

The color and stuff just how it is, looks like it's molding... But...

I think it looks great... Awesome start and it's gonna turn out awesome...

nah its not molding I used bnodo filler and then I used yellow primer filler over the green when I tested the colour lol.

smilie120 said:
nah its not molding I used bnodo filler and then I used yellow primer filler over the green when I tested the colour lol.
Lol... Nice one... :p

Ive made some more progress on my helm. Ive managed to fill the gaping hole in the side. And i have some vent things for the chin. Alos i did a LOT of body work on the helm....
here are some pics of the helm....
dsc00914lt9.jpg

dsc00913fs1.jpg

Sorry i dont have any pics of where the hole is coverd up get some tomorrow

I got bored of doing body work on my helm so i made 2 pep weps to keep me occupied :D
dsc00911il3.jpg

I also made a SECOND JR pistol!!!
dsc00904mo4.jpg

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4142
how i made the pistol.....

comments welcome ;)

Andrew L said:
All that stuff actually looks pretty damn good. I'm suprised. Good work!

hehe did you expect anything less from me? lol oj.....i still have a LOT of work to do on the helm

Well my granded is a plumber....and u know the tube that connects the washimg machine to the water supply (i think) well its that.....the big grey pipe in the back of the clothes washer :D

Macattack64 said:
Ours is black... :\

I think it is... :\

meh smae difference....GAWD! ITS 11.27pm im off.....il get pics of the hole b4 and after 2morrow

smilie120 said:
meh smae difference....GAWD! ITS 11.27pm im off.....il get pics of the hole b4 and after 2morrow
It's 5:25 pm Here... I'm gonna go cut my visor... :p

nice. looks way better than mine. im doing most of the jaw over again for the second time now its gonna look alot better...i hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back