new helmet by smilie120

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilie120

Sr Member
ok this is going to be my last pepakura helemt, once i finnish this im moving on to more advanced things (because i enroled on an art course in collage) like making clay molds ect. but here are some pictures

[attachment=107:DSC00863.JPG]

[attachment=108:DSC00867.JPG]

[attachment=109:DSC00865.JPG]

[attachment=110:DSC00866.JPG]

i need to smooth this off with butter putty and use 400 wet and dry, ive been working on this for the past week, ive spent roughly $100 :cautious: doesent look like much for what it is :unsure: , but i have enough resoursces to finnish it off. i plan on using sean's dual layer visor tutorial and adams paining technuiqe to emphasise the details. I chose a better colour paint than the previous time, it look less metallic and has more yellow in it. I also plan on buying some LED's to sitck in there, i wont need a fan because its freezing in the uk lol. But im still stuck with one dilema what can i use for the chin vent thing's?. i have rougly $100 left to finnish this project. I expect the overall cost will amount to more than $200. Please do not hesitate to comment :lol:

oh wow Smilie it looks amazing ....what is the smooth texture made of on the jaw? it looks great...:)
,Dallis

EDIT*

and theres a certain kind of piping you could use to make the jaw vents....the piping is black and has lots of rings along the outside....im not sure what its called though sorry

First of all; that looks ace! Nice to see someone finally taking the time to do some proper detailing on Pep armor ;)
Second: even if you wouldn't need the fan for "heat issues", it'd still be a nice addition as an "anti-fog" mechanism, as visors tend to do just that very easily.
For the vents, you can get pieces of tubing that would do the trick nicely, just make sure they're the right size.

yeah im expecitng to spend a couple of months on this.....u know do it properly. My last armour wasnt very detailed heres a pic of some of the new people. :lol:

[attachment=111:werwe.bmp]

ooops! or just see my avatar :D thanks for the help sofar guys

that looks awsome!! i love the detailing on the front/jaw part , but is it missing part of the back? you know the part that somewhat covers your neck. or is that gonna be a part of the interior of the helmet?

Looking great Smilie, I remember your orignal suit and helmet and they weren't the greatest, but first tries always tend to be like that.

This one seems to be shaping up though! (No pun intended hehe :p)

Good Job!

-Doom

dallis said:
oh wow Smilie it looks amazing ....what is the smooth texture made of on the jaw? it looks great...:)
,Dallis

EDIT*

and theres a certain kind of piping you could use to make the jaw vents....the piping is black and has lots of rings along the outside....im not sure what its called though sorry
Wire Tubing Red told me =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Leadingspartan said:
Wire Tubing Red told me =]

You know, I was looking for a picture on google of it for this topic specfically but couldn't find any pics of it. I have some which I use for my computer, snip of about 2 inches per side and spray paint it black. Curve it to fit properly and your good.

It's some pretty epic stuff. Its used to keep your computer cables confined to a small tube that has ridges in it and is really flexible.

Highly suggested.

-Doom

thanx guys il have to look for some, ive made more progress, ive got some more detail and ive drilled some holes for the LED's, and about the bit at the back (the peice what covers you neck) i took it out on purpose im hoping to get a baleclava and stick some rubber on there or somthing il just wait and see what happens.

-=progress=-

This is the helmet with the finer filler on it.

This is some progress after sanding. I also drilled holes for the LED's
(hopefully i can get them tomorrow)

This is inside the helmet where i opend the visor more. I fiberglassed the inside for strength.
....... And image shack just colapsed i'l edit post in a moment.

what the hell.??!!??
umm dude what did you put that filler there for? i think you should maybe just do one step at a time before doing the next...sorry if i sound offensive ...no hard feelings i hope ...
,Dallis

dallis said:
what the hell.??!!??
umm dude what did you put that filler there for? i think you should maybe just do one step at a time before doing the next...sorry if i sound offensive ...no hard feelings i hope ...
,Dallis

Shure no offence taken, now let me explain lol, i had small nicks that when I sanded the body filler i couldent remove them. So I used a finner filler then sanded it off. I'l have to get the other pic's. please be patient....

smilie120 said:
Shure no offence taken, now let me explain lol, i had small nicks that when I sanded the body filler i couldent remove them. So I used a finner filler then sanded it off. I'l have to get the other pic's. please be patient....
oh ok im sorry haha thats my bad , i didnt understand what you did that for , but now i get it haah ...sorry
,Dallis

Ok here are the other pictures (sorry imageshack bummed out on me)

i sprayed the muzzle with some of the paint to see if i had the right colour, and if it would hide the details

and
dsc00876dh0.th.jpg

But dont forget it will look better when I prime it yellow, then spray it green, then add the balck spray and then silver battle damage, also Il have the vents and LED lights, BUT! i still have work to do on it.

I just sprayed it to show you the colour i dont think theres enough yellow in it? tell me what you think guys.

-=progress i made today=-
got some suplies
did some sanding
added detail
made bigger holes for LED's
oven the visor more and fiberglassed the struts for strength
tried the paint

smilie120 said:
Ok here are the other pictures (sorry imageshack bummed out on me)

i sprayed the muzzle with some of the paint to see if i had the right colour, and if it would hide the details

and
URL=http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00876dh0.jpg]
dsc00876dh0.th.jpg
[/URL]

But dont forget it will look better when I prime it yellow, then spray it green, then add the balck spray and then silver battle damage, also Il have the vents and LED lights, BUT! i still have work to do on it.

I just sprayed it to show you the colour i dont think theres enough yellow in it? tell me what you think guys.

-=progress i made today=-
got some suplies
did some sanding
added detail
made bigger holes for LED's
oven the visor more and fiberglassed the struts for strength
tried the paint

The paint could be the slightest bit darker but it looks amazingly good! :)
,Dallis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back