new here and i've got a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachciav

hey im new on these forums, though i've been looking around them for some time
i made the pep version o the armor out of cardboard (took so freaking long!) but i didnt get to add any sort of protective layer to it
cause i had to have it done by halloween but now that it over im looking into an alternative to fiberglass (cause my parents won let me get it :mad: )
i was wondering if any one could suggest something, that wouldnt require me to start all over again
also my helmet feels a bit lose, i dont know what types of pads to use in it, and the reflective visor what should i get?
answers well apreciated thz!

Search for "hot glue" in the forums. Apparently, it works quite well.

For the visor, HJC seems to be the brand of choice. Search for it too. If your helmet feels loose, maybe it's too big for you. However, you can put any helmet liner inside.

Ral Partha said:
Search for "hot glue" in the forums. Apparently, it works quite well.

For the visor, HJC seems to be the brand of choice. Search for it too. If your helmet feels loose, maybe it's too big for you. However, you can put any helmet liner inside.
hmmm hot glue......i never thought of that, ut how would i "apply" it to the suit? cause i dont have moulds er anything, just a cardboard version of the pep suit...ill check out he visor too, as long as its not too pricey. and i dont really want to go through all that pain again of constructing a new helm. also i just remembered while wearing my helmet all night it got really foggy from breathing into it, any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a hard time searching for it too. I think it might be because it is titled "TUTORIAL: finally a fiberglass replacement". Doesn't have the words "Hot" or "Glue" in it.

Robogenisis said:
I had a hard time searching for it too. I think it might be because it is titled "TUTORIAL: finally a fiberglass replacement". Doesn't have the words "Hot" or "Glue" in it.

What you could do which I did on my mandalorian armor is hot glue the seems together on all your armor then when its not hot anymore(obvously)you could paper mache it. don't do it the way when you dip the strips with glue!!Here are some steps to do it a proper way!

STEP:1

mix a bit of water with alot of glue. get news paper

step:2

get a paint brush.then paint on mache glue to the spot were you are gonna a cut of news paper.

step:3 brush mache glue over top. now do this until your armor is completely covered in it!

POST UP A PIC OF YOUR ARMOR I WANNA SEE WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH!

Last edited by a moderator:
i had considered paper mache sice i have easy access to tons of it. but i didnt know if it would hold up well enough. durring halloween i had noticed that
the pieces of armor were rubbing together alot, and getting damaged. running was impossible because my leg and arm pieces kept falling down and sitting in the car broke the spartan undies. but i think most of that can be fixed by attaching armor better. my costume was rushed because of time constrainst of only having a month to make it. heres some pics of my armor.
CIMG2716.jpg

and another
CIMG2714.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back