New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherDamien

Hello all,

This is my first attempt at anything like this so all the hints tips etc.....you can give me would be eagerly welcomed. I made the helm first and didnt like how the lower jaw stuck out so I cut it back and made it as is seen in the picture. The plans I found are modeled by: Callmemilo and were unfolded by: Belakor. Thanks to both of you for makin these files available. Having some trouble with the body armor as to where everything attaches to everything else. Such as the shoulder blade covers to the upper collar etc.... Still a ton more to make so I guess Ill see if there are more pieces that help to make more sense. Is there an assembled picture or file for pep? Didnt come with the files I got originaly. Thanks for looking.

Good job so far I guess, but I've always doubted that an Iron Man suit was possible because of how complex it is. But, of course, it depends on what version you're making. The newest one I think would be impossible though.

(claps hand) bravo nice work there you get an A+ from me to WELCOME TP THE 405TH !!!! <<<< they always for get that

I used something similar to file folders. I work at an Ace store and they send a few sheets of the stuff in every sale sign kit they send us. Its free and seems to be working so far. The gray stuff is McCloskey Special Effects practice board. They use it to practice all those fancy wall painting techniques. I talked the paint lady out of a few packs for this project. I think I had the shoulder on upside down in the picture. I have since flipped em over and added the spine. I dont think this suit will look like the movie version. More like the older comic book version. As long as people can look at it and know who its supose to be at Halloween Ill be happy. I started with Iron Man because I thought it would be easier than the Master Chief armor.....I think I was wrong. :cool:

if you do the body work on the suit it could look pretty accurate to the movie. I dont mean movie quality but it will still look imcredible

Great posts so far newcomer. I've been scoping a lot of Iron Man threads. Just look throughout this noob forum for them if you are ever stuck. And if you haven't checked out Black Tony Stark's heavy artillery Iron Man topic in the elite showcase yet GO THERE NOW!!! It's amazing and you will be inspired by it's epicness!

From a fellow noob to another hi, and welcome. Nice PEP work! That's one difficult board to fold, it's thick but great strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back