New Maps and Modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175184

New maps for Halo 3's already legendary multiplayer mode are well underway being its typical talkative type, Bungie has come out to tease us with details.

Jodrell Bank, Purple Reign and Vandelay are the three maps discussed, which we guess will make up the first map pack hopefully released via XBL before long.

Talking first about Jodrell Bank, Bungie says: "It's a Team Slayer main course and player counts would fit swimmingly into both Social Slayer and Team Slayer hoppers and I think it might even be possible to shoehorn a few more players into the mix without overcrowding things."

Purple Reign sounds pretty cool, too. "The earliest iteration of the map actually had a completely different overall shape. If I sketched the cross section of the map's floor onto a napkin it would've looked like a small hill, but when you played it, it wasn't readily apparent," says Bungie.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they aren't free, thay'd better make all matchmaking options available for those who don't have them.

Purple Reign sounds pretty cool, too. "The earliest iteration of the map actually had a completely different overall shape. If I sketched the cross section of the map's floor onto a napkin it would've looked like a small hill, but when you played it, it wasn't readily apparent," says Bungie.
190822purple-rain-posters.jpg

:D hahaha

BRING BACK BLOOD GULCH!!

If Bungie doesn't bring back Blood Gulch for Halo 3, then they have just lost an extremely loyal fan. Plus, Halo 3 multiplayer "already legendary". I don't think so. There are plenty of other great multiplayer games that are waaaaay better than Halo 3. Like Halo. IMO, m/p was more fun in CE because you had indestructible warthogs, scoped pistols with exploding rounds, 60-round magazine for an Assault Rifle, and better and bigger maps.

From what I've heard from my friends, they're all getting bored of Halo and they're moving on to Guitar Hero 3. Most of them are between the ranks of Lieutenant and Captain, so it's not like they're so bad that they're bored of constant death, or so good that they're bored of constantly owning.

They did bring back Blood Gulch, kind of. Valhalla. If you read the description of the level, you see the connection.

Sarge Christi said:
Swat was one shot in the head with a br kills, i think 2 for the body.
It was great.
didnt know they had something like that... well i knew theyy had a head shot with a br. but didnt know they called it that. koolies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back