New Metallica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Archillies

heard the new Metallica song on the radio as we speak right now. the beginning of it sounds liek a throwback to re-load. about 4 minutes into it it turns into mayeb a peioce of master of puppets, but im not sure i like it.

Is it like that St. Anger crap.?? Metallica was good until reload. Unless they are going back to there old ways, i wont buy any of there albums.

I love the new song. Its sort of like Fade to Black and One mixed into one epic song. And this album won't be anything like St.Anger.

Oh how i'v waited for such a topic to come up ....i didnt ever hear the whole st anger album , just the song which i didnt mind (please dont kill me) but im a fan of ANY metallica song, metallica is metallica and thats that for me

the back of my military vest said the same thing...

ps Fade to Black is the most epicest song EVER

I heard the new song, and its no where near St. Anger, rest assured.
I thought it was really good, it isn't like their first three albums (which were the best.)
But I'm still going to buy this one, it sounds REALLY promising so far.

They have been in a decline since reload, havent they? It won't be the same metallica, but i hope they do good with this one.

hey, its not like they could just make another Master of Puppets, okay?

Yeah, I heard it yesterday and felt somewhat confused about it. At this point I'm still on the fence, so I MUST hear it a couple more times before I make an educated decision. It, to me, reminded me of Orion, in that it started very slowly, softly and built up into a thunderstorm of Metallica goodness...though not as heavy, admittedly, as the epic, old school Metallica. I just can't say....yet...

Personally, im not gonna get this album, besides, Slipknots new album comes out next week (Psychosocial=WIN!)

and Mastodon's album is expected soon, along with Dragonforce's new one in september too.

Dragonforces new album is coming the 26th of this month due :cautious:
And slipknot sucks, in my opinion.
I'm gonna get the new Metallica album, I like what I've heard so far.

My local radio station played all of the songs an hour and a half apart. They were alright

They have connections to like EVERY band in the world lol. Well, maybe not the world. Wouldnt want to be listening to Benny Lava.

Sorry for the bump, but i had to, i just got this album "Death Magnetic", and i have to say, its okay, its got a few good songs, they don't sound like the recent albums, and are going back to their old ways (the good ways).

Have to say, sound quality is not the best, especially if you get it from iTunes. They always screw a good album up. They went back to the old logo, which is a fair plus, i think, which means they are going back to their old sound.

Lots of good shredding solos, pretty good overall.

7/10 by me.

oh, by the way, this is the album cover, in case you were wondering.

Metallica_Death_Magnetic.jpg

i usually don't necropost (in fact, never) but this is different, since this came out yesterday.

tl;dr, its better than st. anger. a billion times better.

Man this album is great. Ranks right up there with Master and Justice for me. All Nightmare Long is the best song on the album imo. And The Unforgiven 3 is epic. And the songs are fun to play on Guitar Hero too lol.

I still gotta buy it, I still don't see why klipsnot's new album is so great, they aren't that good >__>
BUT I just don't have enough money at the time. And I vowed to never pirate metallica's new album.

if you pirate it, you will have it in about a minute, there are tons of seeders on this album, same with All Hope is Gone (omg i love this album)
yes, i admit, metallica finally has a little comeback now. definitely better than the reload crap, getting their old sound back.

slipknot haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back