New year, new you?

PapaBraus

Or is it new year knew you?

Knew year, knew you?

Knew year, new you?

Homonyms and sentence structure are difficult as is the English language.

It's a bit into January, and I've laid out 4 options.

Is it a new year, and a new you?

Is it a new year where you knew you? Can you reflect on your mistakes and better yourself?

Is it a knew year, knew you? I don't even know how to parse this one. You knew yourself, but you knew last year? Maybe you've changed as a person in the last year and can have that reflection?

I'm not even touching that last one.

Long story short here y'all, it's 2023.

The past couple of years have been a bit weird. Who are you going to be this year. What are you going to do this year. What can you accomplish?

Set some goals, and motivate others to keep their goals moving.

As always, if any of y'all need someone to chat with, hit me up. I'm here for ya.

Last couple years have had some rough spots for us. Looks like a couple more right around the corner, too. On the bright side, it's made me take a look at my own health and work on better planning for our family should something unexpected happen. Our whole family is targeting better personal health this year among other things.

Our company sold last sept, which is good for my and my division, but still has been making for a LOT of stress during the work hours. At least this week's tornado missed our office by a couple hundred yards! Things have brightened up on the home front, though. The light is appearing at the end of the tunnel....and it's daylight, not a train headlight! Getting my own program on track while motivating my two older sons to get their crap together will be a full time endeavor this year for sure, though!

Last couple years have had some rough spots for us. Looks like a couple more right around the corner, too. On the bright side, it's made me take a look at my own health and work on better planning for our family should something unexpected happen. Our whole family is targeting better personal health this year among other things.

Our company sold last sept, which is good for my and my division, but still has been making for a LOT of stress during the work hours. At least this week's tornado missed our office by a couple hundred yards! Things have brightened up on the home front, though. The light is appearing at the end of the tunnel....and it's daylight, not a train headlight! Getting my own program on track while motivating my two older sons to get their crap together will be a full time endeavor this year for sure, though!
It's been 4 months now......I'm down 25 lbs and feeling a lot better. Work has been weird, but it keeps working out for the better for me. Unfortunately, my father took a downward turn and passed away last month. That was a little rough. Getting ready to head to Germany for a couple weeks, then looking forward to getting back into some "creative modes" the rest of summer!

Oldest son has dropped 30 lbs and in much better shape! Middle son has been working for my company and has saved up a fair chunk. Getting ready to join the Coast Guard next Spring. Youngest son figured out that when you work hard and do good things.....good things happen to you! Wife is still putting up with me.....so it's all good! :)

What's knew, new, gnu with y'all? :)

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back