New pics of my helmet ** New helmets on page 7**

poosnicles

Jr Member
LMAO were on the site of laserdome theres an ad of a halo 3 turny thing and you with a copie of halo 3 and a picture with master chief is the master chief you :D
 

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Yeah it's me, I made that... it's a poster for the Launch event that I didn't get around to taking down yet.
 

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Plastic, Long.


The helmet if made of fiberglass re-inforced fabricated polystyrene sheet. So I cut my patterns out of 1/8" plastic sheet, assembled them and fiberglassed it from the interior.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Demerean

New Member
I may have overlooked this and if I did I'm very sorry, But where did you buy/order the sheets? I have been looking for a while as this seems to be more along the lines of how I want to do my helmet/armor instead of clay.
 

bennyboobear

New Member
Sean Bradley said:
New helmets Yo!... made some massive upgrades to my initial design.
100_0254.jpg

Looks nice in Red too! ;-)
100_0226.jpg

100_0243.jpg

100_0244.jpg

On the sides here you can see the new 'spacer pieces' I developed to make the helmets size adjustable. The helmets can be assembled with or without the those spacers in between the jaw and the back of the head piece.
Check out the new interiors below.
100_0236.jpg

100_0238.jpg

Although they look kinda blue-ish in these shots, they are jet black (my wifes camera :lol: ) The cheek foams have velcro on the back so that you can move them around to find the most comfortable fit... or remove them altogether if the helmet is too tight. They're made with 'headband liner' fabric... it's a soft black fabric with 1/8" of cushy gray foam on the back.
Also you can see the helmet fans in there (and the switches for the fans and lights), and the removable visor. The whole helmet is designed to come apart so that you can break it back down to do maintenance on the interior. The padding can be removed and washed, the batteries come out to be replaced.. ect.
100_0223.jpg

These are the best helmets I've made yet... they're vastly improved over mine...
I guess I'll have to make one for myself now. ;-)

OMG!!!!

THAT IS FREAKING AWSOME!!!!!!!

:not worthy: im not worthy!

whered you get th padding though? just curious about that part.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FireStorm

Jr Member
I love coming back to this thread and seeing the pics and thinking about getting one. Though I have to laugh at all the peope that ask the same questions and don't read ther thread itself for information. I am excited to get one of these, though! My Spartan Dreams are coming closer and closer!

The one question I have is this: Is it easy to sleep in this helmet or do you find it difficult? Will I need to improve my pillow situation with this helmet if I sleep in it?
 

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
I custom make the interior padding myself. Some black 'Headliner Fabric' and 1/2" upolstery foam, in various places..

It's comfy. I don't doubt that you could sleep in it..
 
Sean Bradley said:
I custom make the interior padding myself. Some black 'Headliner Fabric' and 1/2" upolstery foam, in various places..

It's comfy. I don't doubt that you could sleep in it..
Yes very comfy indeed, thanks again Sean! And no, you probably cant sleep in it, I think you would suffocate!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Descended Life

New Member
nice armor, been looking at ur armor forever real nice, i need to get a toutorial for recomended toutorial wat should be in the helm, cause after im done, ima place speakers in my help with a phone jack, to listen to music as i walk around, or dis asemble a walkietalkie to talk to people whoe have armor that i made and just talk. idk, i have strange idias
 

FireStorm

Jr Member
Here is my Sean Bradley bucket, starting with the clean version then going to the weathered look:


Behold, for I have begun the build. Starting with my baby, the SB 5000, this is what it looks like nice and clean off the shelf of the UNSC barracks, and what it looks like after a few rounds in the field. The first layer of paint is Krylon Fusion Black. Once it sets I used Rustolium Spruce Green, let it set thoroughly, then slowly sanded with 400 grit. I went back a dabbed and stroked the Krylon black again for more effect.

SBHelmet1.jpg


SBHelmet2.jpg


SBhelmet3.jpg


SBhelmet4.jpg


weatheredSB1.jpg


WeatheredSB2.jpg


weatheredSB3.jpg


weatheredSB4.jpg


weatheredSB5.jpg
 

C0NF1IC7

Member
Sean Bradley said:
Somebody wanted some better pics of my completed helmet, so I recently shot some new ones. It seemed kinda a waste just to send to one person, so I thought I'd share them with everybody. Maybe they'll be useful for reference. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

Enjoy.

Helmet-1.jpg


Helmet-2.jpg


Helmet-3.jpg


Helmet-4.jpg


Helmet-5-.jpg


Helmet-6.jpg


Helmet-7.jpg


Helmet-8.jpg


Helmet-9.jpg


Helmet-10.jpg

can i buy it from u?

and how much would it be?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Primal Weyland

Well-Known Member
daredevil71789 said:
can i buy it from u? and how much would it be?
Simple answer: good luck, and I hope you're willing to shell out at least four figure-numbers for it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

C0NF1IC7

Member
Sean Bradley said:
New helmets Yo!... made some massive upgrades to my initial design.
100_0254.jpg

Looks nice in Red too! ;-)
100_0226.jpg

100_0243.jpg

100_0244.jpg

On the sides here you can see the new 'spacer pieces' I developed to make the helmets size adjustable. The helmets can be assembled with or without the those spacers in between the jaw and the back of the head piece.
Check out the new interiors below.
100_0236.jpg

100_0238.jpg

Although they look kinda blue-ish in these shots, they are jet black (my wifes camera :lol: ) The cheek foams have velcro on the back so that you can move them around to find the most comfortable fit... or remove them altogether if the helmet is too tight. They're made with 'headband liner' fabric... it's a soft black fabric with 1/8" of cushy gray foam on the back.
Also you can see the helmet fans in there (and the switches for the fans and lights), and the removable visor. The whole helmet is designed to come apart so that you can break it back down to do maintenance on the interior. The padding can be removed and washed, the batteries come out to be replaced.. ect.
100_0223.jpg

These are the best helmets I've made yet... they're vastly improved over mine...
I guess I'll have to make one for myself now. ;-)


1.CAN I FREAKEN BUY ONE?!!??

2.can you see through the visor?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top