New Theory And Suggestions Are In Dire Need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronus

Ok So i completed My Pepakura molding and completed fiber glass and its a success. But It did not fit as well so i gave it away to my little brother. Now im wondering since the Legendary Helmet is the same size as my head with extra room, Is it possible or has anyone tried taking your legendary helmet case, putting like a protective aluminum foil on it, making a mold from it, Filling the inside so it wont cave and then fiber glassing the outside adding on layers until you get a helmet? Think it will work? o_O

It will work, I would try a silicon mold, or plaster, plaster can be done many times, I think silicon can too, not sure, I know more about plaster than silicon or any other molding method, Plaster for a helmet will be easy to do, all you do is buy a large bucket of plaster, spread it onto the helmet, (spread vasaline on the helmet so it isnt ruined and will allow the mold to come off) wait a day for it to dry, dremel the mold off from front to back and pull them off, now plaster them back together by plastering the outside, or duck taping it heavily, vasaline the inside of the mold. Then pour more plaster until the top, wait a day for it to dry, and cut the outside mold off, now you have a replica of the helmet but in plaster, now you can vac-form and make a plastic helmet, plastic helmets dont need to be fiberglassed, the plastic itself is strong.

AoBfrost said:
It will work, I would try a silicon mold, or plaster, plaster can be done many times, I think silicon can too, not sure, I know more about plaster than silicon or any other molding method, Plaster for a helmet will be easy to do, all you do is buy a large bucket of plaster, spread it onto the helmet, (spread vasaline on the helmet so it isnt ruined and will allow the mold to come off) wait a day for it to dry, dremel the mold off from front to back and pull them off, now plaster them back together by plastering the outside, or duck taping it heavily, vasaline the inside of the mold. Then pour more plaster until the top, wait a day for it to dry, and cut the outside mold off, now you have a replica of the helmet but in plaster, now you can vac-form and make a plastic helmet, plastic helmets dont need to be fiberglassed, the plastic itself is strong.
Wow you sure do know your molds but how would i go about vac-form (like where do i get and and how much is it usually) and same for the plaster. btw The pepakura came out great but i need mine more professional (graphic designers hate crappy looking art haha)

Last edited by a moderator:
It would work until you got to the part where u wanted to fiberglass the outside. Which greatly eliminates almost all detail and youd have to bond over an carve in you detail free hand. Try the plaster idea above or the modling clay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back