New to 3D printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaleyw123

Hi, my name is Kaley. I’ve made a Jun helmet out of Eva foam before I knew how to do seams correctly and I’m not satisfied with it. I recently finished a chainsaw man cosplay from Eva foam, so it’s time for a new project. I have a creality CR-10s and have successfully printed a few things on there I think I’m ready to start. My questions include if I can turn pepakura or file from the armory into a 3D print? If not where could I find those files? And how do I make sure the scaling is the right size for my head and body? Thank you!

Hi Kaley,

Best place to find files if you’re looking for Reach MKV, would be NerdForgeDesigns over on Etsy. He has arguably the best file for the Reach platform.

Making Pep files 3D printable is tough especially if you’re not decently knowledgeable in Blender.

I hope this helps!

Hi Kaley,

Best place to find files if you’re looking for Reach MKV, would be NerdForgeDesigns over on Etsy. He has arguably the best file for the Reach platform.

Making Pep files 3D printable is tough especially if you’re not decently knowledgeable in Blender.

I hope this helps!
I'll second the NerdForgeDesigns recommendation, and he also has a storefront on cgtrader under the name "fletchasketch3". I mention cgtrader because they can have deals and promotions on some files on there.

As far as scaling it to your body, I recommend Armorsmith. $30 last time I saw and it let's you make a virtual avatar of yourself from measurements and then you can scale the armor that way. I advise that you don't scale and print the whole thing without trying out a few test prints on various parts, including ring tests (cutting a file in a 3d program, I used meshmixer, and making a fairly thin ring that you can use to test the circumference and diameter of circular prints. Mainly for the helmet and the limb prints.)

Hi, my name is Kaley. I’ve made a Jun helmet out of Eva foam before I knew how to do seams correctly and I’m not satisfied with it. I recently finished a chainsaw man cosplay from Eva foam, so it’s time for a new project. I have a creality CR-10s and have successfully printed a few things on there I think I’m ready to start. My questions include if I can turn pepakura or file from the armory into a 3D print? If not where could I find those files? And how do I make sure the scaling is the right size for my head and body? Thank you!
Check here under the entry for Jun. Free files and MoeSizzlac is active on the forums and an extremely helpful guy if you get stuck.

Hey!

If you need 3D models - I use Prints 3D Models | CGTrader

There are thousands of models that you may like.

If you have any questions - feel free to ask. :)

Check here under the entry for Jun. Free files and MoeSizzlac is active on the forums and an extremely helpful guy if you get stuck.
can verify, Moes got some great stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back