NewBrody joins marine gang

NewBrody

Hello Friends!

New year means new cosplay! Starting this project off earlier than I did last time because I have an earlier goal than I did before. Usually I make my goal Montreal Comicon because that is usually the first con of the year that we have a booth around here. But this year I am going to try and make my goal to make this thing ready for Toronto Comicon in March. Might be a tight timeline but I think I can get it done.

The what and why:

So for some reason I decided to demote myself with each new costume. I started with a spartan, moved down the ladder to an ODST and am now going one more step down to a marine (maybe my next cosplay will just be a civilian). As much as I love my spartan and Romeo, I want a bit of a helmet break. I also want a costume that I can more easily travel with, I plan to go to a couple cons this year that are further away and hope to take the train and want a costume that can fit in a smaller bin.

The plan:

While the armour is going to be the usual Halo 3 marine style I am going to switch between helmet and the UNSC hat that used to come in loot box awhile back. Going to use the hat when I am traveling by train or anything like that so I don't have to carry around the helmet in my seat risking damaging it. Also hoping to add a couple pouches here and there to (for the first time in one of my costumes) carry my phone and wallet around with me.
Screenshot_20231211_102428_Reddit.jpg
Screenshot_20231211_102707_Chrome.jpg

*these pictures will mostly be what I'll be basing my costume off of*

The props:

If I don't want to I won't need to make any props for this costume. I already have a halo 3 BR I made back in August as well I also have the sniper from Romeo I can use as well (although I don't see myself carrying it all that much, it'll mostly be a "stays at the booth" kinda prop). At most I think I will make a socom magnum that I can double up with this cosplay and Romeo.
Screenshot_20231211_110710_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231211_110942_Gallery.jpg

The methods:

For this build all the armour pieces are going to be 3D printed. I was considering going with a hybrid build like I usually do but the marine is not nearly as heavily armoured as a spartan or ODST so mobility isn't really a concern.
There will also a bunch of soft parts. Will most likely be buying some airsoft tactical gear with the right camo and then get some other tactical bits to attach different armour pieces to.

Thank you for reading whatever nonsense I put on this website. Here's to hoping I can finish this when I plan too. If not I can definitely get this done for Montreal Comicon.

See y'all out there,

NewBrody

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231211_102707_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231211_102707_Chrome.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230822_212911.jpg
    20230822_212911.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33
Hello Friends!

New year means new cosplay! Starting this project off earlier than I did last time because I have an earlier goal than I did before. Usually I make my goal Montreal Comicon because that is usually the first con of the year that we have a booth around here. But this year I am going to try and make my goal to make this thing ready for Toronto Comicon in March. Might be a tight timeline but I think I can get it done.

The what and why:

So for some reason I decided to demote myself with each new costume. I started with a spartan, moved down the ladder to an ODST and am now going one more step down to a marine (maybe my next cosplay will just be a civilian). As much as I love my spartan and Romeo, I want a bit of a helmet break. I also want a costume that I can more easily travel with, I plan to go to a couple cons this year that are further away and hope to take the train and want a costume that can fit in a smaller bin.

The plan:

While the armour is going to be the usual Halo 3 marine style I am going to switch between helmet and the UNSC hat that used to come in loot box awhile back. Going to use the hat when I am traveling by train or anything like that so I don't have to carry around the helmet in my seat risking damaging it. Also hoping to add a couple pouches here and there to (for the first time in one of my costumes) carry my phone and wallet around with me.
View attachment 339392View attachment 339394
*these pictures will mostly be what I'll be basing my costume off of*

The props:

If I don't want to I won't need to make any props for this costume. I already have a halo 3 BR I made back in August as well I also have the sniper from Romeo I can use as well (although I don't see myself carrying it all that much, it'll mostly be a "stays at the booth" kinda prop). At most I think I will make a socom magnum that I can double up with this cosplay and Romeo.
View attachment 339396View attachment 339397

The methods:

For this build all the armour pieces are going to be 3D printed. I was considering going with a hybrid build like I usually do but the marine is not nearly as heavily armoured as a spartan or ODST so mobility isn't really a concern.
There will also a bunch of soft parts. Will most likely be buying some airsoft tactical gear with the right camo and then get some other tactical bits to attach different armour pieces to.

Thank you for reading whatever nonsense I put on this website. Here's to hoping I can finish this when I plan too. If not I can definitely get this done for Montreal Comicon.

See y'all out there,

NewBrody
I definitely feel wanting a costume that's easier to travel with. That's a big part of why I'm making a rakshasa. Marine is probably a lot easier to travel with but both are easier than the standard spartan. You can only drive so far with your armor.

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back