Newest project... Halo 4 Spartan helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, that is gonna look bad#ss when it's done...can't wait.
Thanks Socom!

Still here lol. I very much like what I see. Please sir... May we have some more?

Skully I shall have more in a day or two, funds have ran low due to the family and responsibilities but pay day is this week and all i need is a little hardware, cloth, and resin. Trust me I am itching to cast one out and pad it than figure out some eltronics lol.

so i tried to mold it, it came out horribly. pretty bummed out about it but hopefully i can save up more cash and get more kits of dragon skin and try it again. boo farts :(

What happend, and is it fixable or a football. Sorry to hear it didnot work out...totally sucks after all that work.

i tried to fix it, there were a number of problems. when i did the first few print layers the children of the household got excited and started touching it all over making me have to buy another pint of dragonskin and waiting to start over again, second i think it was too cold because there were spots where it didn't cure all the way either from my lack of mixing or temperature. that part is probably my fault more than likely,. and when i pulled the silicone there was a spot that got messed up inside from idol hands. just an all around big mess. i will be ordering more silicone to give it another try though, but with the holidays here i need to wait until new years. thanks for checking in again socom! on a good note the master is cleaned up and ready to try again :) not gonna let it stop me, its just gonna set me back some cash lol

Head up, it get there. On another note...is 9$ good for 3'x5' sheet of fibreglass. Scoping out today thats what I found. Hear ya on the busy leading up to the holidays. Hopefully it will work out this time round. Looking forward to see.

Head up, it get there. On another note...is 9$ good for 3'x5' sheet of fibreglass. Scoping out today thats what I found. Hear ya on the busy leading up to the holidays. Hopefully it will work out this time round. Looking forward to see.

i get 8 square feet for about $7-8 so that doesn't seem bad to me. honestly i had to look up the price, all i do is go and buy it lol.
and thanks for the words of encouragement. i will be home soon to send you a list of what i have for pep files Socom! send me a message on here so i know when you get to your computer.

Didnt think it was too bad. A local marine place here, so 15square ft for 9$. Gallon of resin 69$, quart 17$. Do not know what walmaret sells for though.

Hey Spartansonny- sorry to hear about the first mold... the first one never seems to work no matter what I do. Anyways hang in there and try again. I was going to ask what you excatly bought.
--I was thinking about molding my Helmet, but the gel stuff you coated yours in... I HAVE NO CLUE where or what is good. I have heard about the dragon stuff, but there are many different kinds PLUS ITS HIGH$$$$
So I feel your pain if you messed it up =( .....anyways best of luck to you! Inspire us all =P

no good i used dragon skin 10 for the print layer and every layer there after. i messed up by not getting multiple colors to mix in so i could see what was being covered and how thin or thick it wad in spots. thanks for the encouragement, i would talk more but being at work prohibits that lol. if you want send me a pm and i will explain what went wrong for me more in depth

Awesome job on your Warrior Helmet. I was wondering where you got the Warrior Helmet pep file. I would love to pep this helmet out. Any chance you could email me the file so i could work on one of these myself. My email is obijeff@outlook.com . Hope to see more progress of your Helmet when you get to molding it again.

This has been an awesome thread! So glad I found ya! I've been wanting to see someone do the mold process. Sorry the first one didn't work out. I'm still obsessed with pepping. Mostly because it's been too cold to resin out in my work shop. Can't wait for more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back