Next in the Halo Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
For The Win. Also, I've been scheming a Halo MMORPG for a year now. Here's my thinking. Call me crazy if you like, but we all walk around Wal Mart in MJOLNIR Armor. You don't? Meh.

So, when I was a Junior in highschool, a friend and I were talking about Halo. I asked him, "Dude, how cool would a Halo RTS be?" Thus, the wild planning began. We made all sorts off cool speculations, plans, concept arts, the works. We then compiled them, meant to send them to Bungie, but never got around to it. Then the next (or maybe a couple) year came, and guess what was released? Halo Wars. We couldn't believe it! It was so awesome, and in a childish sort of way, we fancied that by coming up with the ideas, the game was put in motion. Hence the reason I'm planning a Halo MMO. I expect to see it hit shelves in a few years.

Spartan-419 said:
For The Win. Also, I've been scheming a Halo MMORPG for a year now. Here's my thinking. Call me crazy if you like, but we all walk around Wal Mart in MJOLNIR Armor. You don't? Meh.

So, when I was a Junior in highschool, a friend and I were talking about Halo. I asked him, "Dude, how cool would a Halo RTS be?" Thus, the wild planning began. We made all sorts off cool speculations, plans, concept arts, the works. We then compiled them, meant to send them to Bungie, but never got around to it. Then the next (or maybe a couple) year came, and guess what was released? Halo Wars. We couldn't believe it! It was so awesome, and in a childish sort of way, we fancied that by coming up with the ideas, the game was put in motion. Hence the reason I'm planning a Halo MMO. I expect to see it hit shelves in a few years.
I would finally cave in and start wasting my life on an MMO if that happened. I dodged the WOW bullet. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
darthmaddy said:
I would finally cave in and start wasting my life on an MMO if that happened. I dodged the WOW bullet. :lol:

HALO MMO= me coming home from school "sick" everyday

Madda Cheeb said:
Halo Warz FTW!
If anyone ever played runescape i use to play it and i cant bielieve i spent 50 dollars for membership but maybe a halo version of runescape? i loved that i kept on dreaming about it.

I can understand that opinion.

I love the story universe, and I think that there can be well done games within it that are outside the realms of an FPS, both story wise and mechanic wise. I just wish I could get my grubby paws on one of their "Halo Bibles."

I don't think there's been a FPS that's branched out into an RTS.... But there has been the reverse. Anyone know how CnC: Renegade turned out?

Damien said:
halo should stay a fps game. i do not like it a an rts nor a squad based game.

Dude, this is the way Halo was meant to be played! Only better!
We can at least see what it would have beel like. Besides, the controls look slid, and this actually looks fun for an RTS. I mean, It's not boring. At all.

xalener said:
If anyone ever played runescape i use to play it and i cant bielieve i spent 50 dollars for membership but maybe a halo version of runescape? i loved that i kept on dreaming about it.

Hehe, Haloscape

Halo Squad Based Tactical Shooter. Your a Marine, can be an ODST, Spartan, etc...I would write down specifics if anyone would like. (Just an idea)

I think a game like an RTS but focused solely on tactics and logistics ( i mean the fun parts of logistics ), eg set with you as a commander and coordinator of a campaign. you are given resources in the beginning and have to collect all your information yourself, eg by specifically ordering deployment of recon, etc. using this info you deploy ur resources. If you reach an engagement of particular largeness you can command it RTS style, but otherwise it is on a much larger map, in real-time. You can choose totally what your specific objectives are, and you have a 3 or more level detail of the campaign; global, ie everything you've got in vague, then a median level of control, which would be coordinating troop bodies the size of platoons, and then a local control, perhaps with a god-camera controlling squads, like the infared cam in the blomkamp shorts. you could integrate it very nicely into the beginning of Halo 3 - you start as perhaps Hood or an equivalent, who has to recover and redeploy scattered forces using some pelicans&albatrosses. You can make desisions on what resources are top priority - do you secure an armour depot or recover loads of ground troops? As ur resources grow, you begin to make higher-level command decisions - do you hold an underground base like the start of Halo 3 or keep mobile, and offensive?
I would also like to see a really flexible mission planner thing, where perhaps you have a fairly unspecific objective (recover some intel, or somethinhg) and some ground troops with peli/hornet backup to organise and coordinate. u issue orders, and watch the outcome in realtime. if it goes wrong/ u see a fault, you reissue orders in real-time and try to reorder/recover your assault. of course, the AI needed to do that would be pretty hefty...

BTW, ares, like ur avatar :)

WookieLord said:
I think a game like an RTS but focused solely on tactics and logistics ( i mean the fun parts of logistics ), eg set with you as a commander and coordinator of a campaign. you are given resources in the beginning and have to collect all your information yourself, eg by specifically ordering deployment of recon, etc. using this info you deploy ur resources. If you reach an engagement of particular largeness you can command it RTS style, but otherwise it is on a much larger map, in real-time. You can choose totally what your specific objectives are, and you have a 3 or more level detail of the campaign; global, ie everything you've got in vague, then a median level of control, which would be coordinating troop bodies the size of platoons, and then a local control, perhaps with a god-camera controlling squads, like the infared cam in the blomkamp shorts. you could integrate it very nicely into the beginning of Halo 3 - you start as perhaps Hood or an equivalent, who has to recover and redeploy scattered forces using some pelicans&albatrosses. You can make desisions on what resources are top priority - do you secure an armour depot or recover loads of ground troops? As ur resources grow, you begin to make higher-level command decisions - do you hold an underground base like the start of Halo 3 or keep mobile, and offensive?
I would also like to see a really flexible mission planner thing, where perhaps you have a fairly unspecific objective (recover some intel, or somethinhg) and some ground troops with peli/hornet backup to organise and coordinate. u issue orders, and watch the outcome in realtime. if it goes wrong/ u see a fault, you reissue orders in real-time and try to reorder/recover your assault. of course, the AI needed to do that would be pretty hefty...

BTW, ares, like ur avatar :)
ohhh yeeah. that sound awesome. and the "Halo Squad Based Tactical Shooter would rock too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back