Noble 4 Emile 3D printed build (getting pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put "local" in quotation because its in reasonable driving distance. Im from Montréal but i usualy cover a fair amount of ground when it comes to cons, namingly montreal, Ottawa and i wanted to go to quebec comic con this year but... Yeah. All in all, we have good chances to come across each other in a future con!
Montreal isnt that far really. i havent been to the MTL ComicCon yet, but it is on my to-do list.

once i have the suit completed...and Cons are back on...we should meet up at one of the bigger ones. Do you know of anyone else who attends the local Cons in suits?

zachturner009 haha im working on it. having a baby really threw a wrench in things.

Montreal isnt that far really. i havent been to the MTL ComicCon yet, but it is on my to-do list.

once i have the suit completed...and Cons are back on...we should meet up at one of the bigger ones. Do you know of anyone else who attends the local Cons in suits?
i might know a few XD this is part of the Montreal squad, (we also have a friend of ours that is in ottawa! so for sure i'd be more then happy to meet up with more fellow 405th members! the more the better!

1606148063796.png

Alright. So it’s too cold here to prime outside, so after I finish sanding what I have...it’s on hold till a warmer day. BUT I did have a piece that I was messing with earlier on that is fully primed.
So after a few test undercoats (white, black, and like an OD green) I added the top coats and some shading. There will of course be some weathering and accents here and there, but I kinda like it. The lighting makes it a little washed out, but it’s not in person.
CF24EC5E-096E-40A0-8949-0DDE5BFED8AE.jpegAF6F4716-434F-42E0-BA99-7A93633E7E29.jpeg13B53EA1-1B80-45CC-BAC5-3C148283774C.jpeg

Alright. So it’s too cold here to prime outside, so after I finish sanding what I have...it’s on hold till a warmer day. BUT I did have a piece that I was messing with earlier on that is fully primed.
So after a few test undercoats (white, black, and like an OD green) I added the top coats and some shading. There will of course be some weathering and accents here and there, but I kinda like it. The lighting makes it a little washed out, but it’s not in person.
View attachment 300421View attachment 300422View attachment 300423
That's the thing about Canada eh? Paint and primer freezes before it dries haha. I wish for a warm day to come your way :)

So I’m not dead! Still working on the armour. The weather has made filler primer/paint a little...tricky. So it’s been a lot of Bondo and sanding. I’m going to try and get a full suit up at some point to encourage myself haha.

SO... I know the weather I get around here in southern Ontario isn't as bad as you get...
the weather.PNG

But I did want to share how I use filler primer in the cold. I'm not making anything halo related, but the post processing of the print is basically the same.
IMG_4288.JPG

Basically, to keep everything from freezing, I spray in the garage. I do keep the door open because... I don't want to suffocate. The trick here is I made those walls with cardboard and used a space heater on the right. If everything's set up just right everything inside of those cardboard walls stays fairly warm, just enough for the filler primer to stick. I bring everything inside to dry. I usually put it in an unused room with ventilation so it doesn't smell up the house.

You gotta have a heater that spreads the heat out nicely though. Also, don't put the heater too close or you'll melt the print. Speaking from experience.

No clue if this strategy works in anything colder -1 or -2, but I wanted to share it with you anyways, :)

Thanks! Some of these tricks should help for sure. I’ve had decent results when it doesn’t dip below -5. I did some today at -1 and it turned out pretty good. But it is certainly not ideal haha.

Next conundrum on the list. The back piece of the helm. So I need to have it open/close I. Order to fit my head and not look like a 10 gal bucket. I cut the back neck area off and now I’m looking for a way to mag/connect it.
D94777BE-97E6-4C72-AEBF-99024B4CB277.jpeg

as you can see in the side pic, I have added the little cubes behind the ear for magnets. But it’s the back piece that is causing me issues. There’s no ‘meat’ there to add magnets too. And I can’t really build a cube on the inside or outside
9C68932D-11D0-49EE-83EC-84180DDC2919.jpeg

9D621182-7217-4763-99E2-3E0C2EE7F1D2.jpeg

Next conundrum on the list. The back piece of the helm. So I need to have it open/close I. Order to fit my head and not look like a 10 gal bucket. I cut the back neck area off and now I’m looking for a way to mag/connect it.
View attachment 301858

as you can see in the side pic, I have added the little cubes behind the ear for magnets. But it’s the back piece that is causing me issues. There’s no ‘meat’ there to add magnets too. And I can’t really build a cube on the inside or outside View attachment 301859
View attachment 301860
Nylon elastic to pull things back into place while letting you squeeze your melon in?

So the wrench in that idea is the ears. I would have to add them vertically at the back (which could work) because my ears actually go in that big cube of the back piece lol. It’s a snug bucket.

so waiting on the epoxy to set, but i tried going with just 2 sets of rare earth magnets in the 'cubes' above. one set was able to hold it in place, the second set should make it solid.

i might run a small bead of black caulking or something along the gap to give it some cushion, and stop rubbing.

So I ordered a face shield for my Mando helm...and I managed to squeeze it so I had some left over for my HAZOP lens. Now I AM getting a lens formed for me, and it’s just loosely toed in, so this is just a stand in. But DAAAAAAAYUM it looks good.
0FC42758-2337-42F9-B30E-184B3037A1A7.jpeg
93654024-CC90-4E14-A5DB-78EB01CEF329.jpeg

bonus Mando, in severe WIP state LOL.
2D635F5C-2FF7-459D-833F-134CE43099ED.jpeg

It’s actually just a ‘face shield’ from Amazon. Just traced out the lens I printed and chop chop.
I am getting another Spartan to vacuform my real lens soon. Just gotta smooth out the print and send it :)

here’s the listing
S35120 Replacement Shade 3 IR Visor for 390 Series - Uncoated S35120 Replacement Shade 3 IR Visor for 390 Series - Uncoated: Amazon.ca: Industrial & Scientific
Thank you so much, I've been trying to look for one so I can finish my clone trooper helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back