Noble Six Helmet Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, thanks everyone for you comments, it really keeps me going!!

so I got some more work dont today putting on some details and fixing some stuff i didnt see before. I have a ton of pictures but

Ill post the two important ones for now haha

face.jpg

insanetrooper said:
First off, thanks everyone for you comments, it really keeps me going!!

so I got some more work dont today putting on some details and fixing some stuff i didnt see before. I have a ton of pictures but

Ill post the two important ones for now haha

face.jpg

That is so amazing, i wish i could sculpt as good as you.

keep up the great work!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with lincon. its a really detailed model, which when completed will look imense

this is an amazing sculpt and its making me debate as to whether I will get into sculpting later. But regarding the mounting system, or stand, or the way you hold it up (for lack of a better term), wouldn't you have the ability to put a styrofoam head form in there? from, say, a hobby store? now, it would be super top heavy, so a having a base might be a must, but that's not hard to do... idk just a thought, since I didnt understand your method at all. anyways, like I said this is looking absolutely stunning, and I may order some clay within the next week or two. keep up the good work and inspiring us!

WRising said:
this is an amazing sculpt and its making me debate as to whether I will get into sculpting later. But regarding the mounting system, or stand, or the way you hold it up (for lack of a better term), wouldn't you have the ability to put a styrofoam head form in there? from, say, a hobby store? now, it would be super top heavy, so a having a base might be a must, but that's not hard to do... idk just a thought, since I didnt understand your method at all. anyways, like I said this is looking absolutely stunning, and I may order some clay within the next week or two. keep up the good work and inspiring us!

the support that I used is just a simple plastic container, wasnt really what I should have used, next time I do this or to anyone else who does it

I would recommend using a good sturdy base that can be fastened down somehow because it is really top heavy. like you said a styrofoam head would be a

great idea for a base, i really like it.

UPDATE-- got some great in game screen shots from bungie and there are some parts that are changed from the trailer we have all seen, so I spend most of my night

making the changes to my model, (about 5 hours, :eek ) so I will try to work some more on it tomorrow and get some pictures posted

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, thought I would post a update picture on the helmet. Ive been doing a lot of work on it since I found some good screenshot pictures on bungie.

its been a lot of fun re working the helmet from the new pics, so tell me what you think.

IMG_0479.jpg

That is a awsome helmet man, I love the method of sculpting it. I'll have to use it on a helmet sometime.

this looks GREAT so far, i never thought of using clay that way. GOOD IDEA, im definately using this on my next helm, or any other pep piece thats missing detail.

This is a fantastic job. I love the way you were creative and used the pep to mold the clay and work from that, very cool idea. It looks really great, keep it up!

you better be proud of yourself, I'm taking my stuff back and going to do the clay thing now because of you... God, that helmet is amazing looking. you're going to be making an actual mold of this now, right? Are you going to use silicon or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back