Noob 1st Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHH... NO! Somone beating me to a Reach CQB build.... haha. Very nice pepping! and the rondo shouldnt be that much of an issue, its just harder to sand. If you have access to a dremel I would suggest lightly sanding the outside layer a bit to get rid of the surface texture to make sanding easier.

yup, working on sanding off the shoulder that im practicing regular bondo on and next gonna re-attack that helmet, ill have more pictures soon! I'm also trying to figure out which reach forearm to pep!

really good start so far :) good luck with the rest.
About the rondo on the outside I have to say that I had enought trouble to get the bondo done without major issues.
I personally would suggest not using rondo on the outside but I didn't test it anyway, so you might stick on the more experienced 405th Forum-Members / Members

So obviously I havent been as regularly updating as I should...... that can be thanks to that pesky real life that tends to get in the way. I've got a ton of stuff going on with school and other things right now, im still plugging away at peps and bondo, but itll be a few before I can get the pics up. I refuse to be another starter that doesnt finish though, this is gonna happen!

I've seen several different opinions on the situation, but ive only got rondo on the inside of my helmet, no fiberglass. Some people have told me it should be sturdy enough, and it certainly feels tough in my hands, but the general consensus on here seems to be that fiberglassing is unavoidable. What kind of structural weakness does the rondo have?

Looks nice so far, I was under the impression that fibreglassing the helmets was mostly optional. Good luck with the project, any tips as far as the ODST shoulders are concerned?

Looks nice so far, I was under the impression that fibreglassing the helmets was mostly optional. Good luck with the project, any tips as far as the ODST shoulders are concerned?

Well there are a few things, it depends on what you are going to wear them with, but im not really sure yet where I am going to mount them. The main thing is they seem to warp fairly easily, when I rondoed them I think the weight pushed one side out farther than the other, so be careful with that.

Other than that, they are fairly straightforward pieces, I enjoyed that there werent too many tiny folds to make.

Well there are a few things, it depends on what you are going to wear them with, but im not really sure yet where I am going to mount them. The main thing is they seem to warp fairly easily, when I rondoed them I think the weight pushed one side out farther than the other, so be careful with that.

Other than that, they are fairly straightforward pieces, I enjoyed that there werent too many tiny folds to make.

Cool, I'm hoping to make a full ODST outfit for a convention next year. Thanks for that tip, I'll watch out for that when I'm reinforcing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back