Normal Or Detailed First?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincent

Is it better when making the Mark VI halo helmet to start off with the normal standard version or the more detailed one if this is my first one? o_O

Typically it is better to start with normal detail first, but if you start with the handplates first and do well, then feel free to try the forearm or bicep which is fairly easy. Then if your up to it try the high detail.

In my opinion the HD version of the helmet isnt that much harder than the regular, its just more pieces to glue. Not so much more advanced techniques. i think you should start yourself off with a challenege and do the high detail one. It looks way better anyways.

The high detail does look much better, but it takes more time to do as well. BTW what are you making? Mark VI?

Spartan 035 said:
The high detail does look much better, but it takes more time to do as well. BTW what are you making? Mark VI?

Ya im gonna try the Mark VI

Last edited by a moderator:
It was either that or the Mark V but personally i didnt like that the back of the helmet with it being all black it just looked wierd to me like i mean when i saw pics of other peoples Mark V's

timonemycat said:
letter 110lb, thats what most everyone uses, it holds up really well.

Ok thats what i was thinking just wasnt all the way sure

The med def doesn't look much different from the normal in my opinion, I stand by saying try something small first, then if you're up to it try the high def.

and one more thing i was reading up that alot of people make there helmets too small how can i prevent that form happening?

I find it better to start off with the normal, less-detailed version first. It may seem like you're just wasting time but if you scale the HD version wrong you will waste far more time building it over again than if you build the low-detail one first and just make one HD.

Helmets are pretty universal in size, though. So unless you have a really small/large head, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

gamerguy55 said:
I find it better to start off with the normal, less-detailed version first. It may seem like you're just wasting time but if you scale the HD version wrong you will waste far more time building it over again than if you build the low-detail one first and just make one HD.

Helmets are pretty universal in size, though. So unless you have a really small/large head, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back