Not new but need help with something

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am not new but my brother is and he just finished his helmet and it is like three sizes too small and he is starting to get discouraged. I was hoping to get some advice on what to say to him
I've been building helmets for about 8 years now. I've made them out of both the pepakura method, and foam methods, and have helped with a few 3D printed ones as well. And not just Halo helmets, but from other series like Gundam and Marvel as well.

And even after making over 20-30+ helmets, I still mis-sized one a few months ago and made it too small by 3 inches. It's something that happens to everyone, even those who have been doing this for years. You have to lick your wounds, take the hit, and move on to trying again. I won't lie that it hurts, especially when you spent so much time on it, but it's just something that happens from time to time.

As a potential motivation he could always sell it or donate it to a kid who might want it, which is something I do when I mis-size helmets.

So I am not new but my brother is and he just finished his helmet and it is like three sizes too small and he is starting to get discouraged. I was hoping to get some advice on what to say to him
Sometimes an undersized helmet can be made to work with careful trimming, sometimes it can't and that's just how it goes. One of the good things is that even if it doesn't end up fitting the piece is still good practice for building and painting!

The next one is not only going to be better sized, but it will be better crafted. It's experience. We've all thrown away finished pieces and we're better for it. The only motivation he should need is knowing he'll have one sweet Halo prop when he's done, no matter how many tries it takes.

Also, is there a badge for having the most badges? Holy cow TurboCharizard lol

The next one is not only going to be better sized, but it will be better crafted. It's experience. We've all thrown away finished pieces and we're better for it. The only motivation he should need is knowing he'll have one sweet Halo prop when he's done, no matter how many tries it takes.

Also, is there a badge for having the most badges? Holy cow TurboCharizard lol
FANGS knows that I want fewer and she just keeps tagging them on. The Dark Overlord of Fireteam Off the Rails is one heck of a doodooposter when given the opportunity.

FANGS knows that I want fewer and she just keeps tagging them on. The Dark Overlord of Fireteam Off the Rails is one heck of a doodooposter when given the opportunity.

Looks like I helped get some removed!! rofl!

Sorry, Lockon for the hijack. Let us know how it goes with your brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back