Now Molding!!! Spase WIP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spase said:
Electronics Came from Radio Shack thats 4 blocks from my house... I never felt disrespected... Everything you did started as a Pep... but did you do all the paint yourself?

The priming, base coat, and clear were done by me, and my girlfriend did the details in acrylic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Molding Material is shipping, be here this week... not sure what I am doing with the pulls yet... I am not committing to sell anything until I see how the pulls turn out... But I am going to Make a mold? Yes... I have to finish some details that are bothering me though... Everything can be fixed very quickly I think

Things To Fix:
1.) Nose over the visor needs to be brought back to touching the visor
2.) Detail around the recessed area off the back of the crown
3.) Detail around the back of the neck piece
4.) Detail on the bottom of the Brim

But I have to do something while I am waiting for the mold materials...

I expect to be making the first pull by at least Nov 1st... Hopefully..

And I don't get to be in on your pre release party... booo!

Spase... man... your RIGHT up there with BlueRealm & Sean. This is THE BEST PEP HELMET I have ever seen and its better than a lot of the molded ones going around now. if your molding stuff works... then you will be the go-to man.

That Helm is just brilliant, Makes me want to work hard on my pep CQB (Helmet and Chest)! My clay ODST may have to wait.

Anyway...Awesome!! (y) (y)

Spase said:
I think I said it, lol, but yeah, soon to be molded... just waiting for the material to get here....

I meant soon to be one of the best molded helmets out there ;)

I installed the Helmet pad that I made from scratch, it is similar in Appearance to Sean's Helmets, I can take pictures later if anyone really Wants to See it... I was going to start work on my my Torso yesterday, but my printer went all funny, then tore 5 sheets of card stock... then made a loud ticking noise likes its jammed... then I unplugged it... seriously thought about taking a hammer to it I was so mad... Oh well, such is life, that would have been a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Guess I will just print them off else where...

In response to an ILOL'D's post, I hope it will be a great molded one.... thanks for thinking so too...

In response to KrazyKid02's post. You took apart the legendary helmet... but what did you do about seeing out of the thing... the visor is kind of... opaque.. can't see through it...

I will upload some pictures tonight of the interior and updated details......

A side note... the Mold Material is officially ordered and coming... Probably be able to make 3-4 with what I have coming... Exciting!!!

Check the original posted page as always for general updates on my suit from now on...
Mold pictures will be in the Molded Armor forum soon...

Stop talking about mollases and honey, I'm hungry now! Awesome job... Awesome job... Awesome job... It sounds like that stuff works like magic, apart from it spreading like *drools* honey. I know it would take some practice, but it looks pretty basic (like buttering toast). The colours are amazing, 5 big thumbs and toes up. The sanding sounds a bit risky though, if you use a fine-grit sandpaper you should be safe right?

btw I'm planning on making one better :p *dreams*

I am going to work on it this weekend... but like I tell everyone, until I quit procrastinating everyone is free to ask me questions about how I created my helm... once that tutorial gets made though, I am taking a break for a smoke and shot, and to pat myself on the back for hard work well done....

But ask away, because I haven't got the tut done doesn't mean I don't want people to know how things worked out for me... the questions I get are helping the tutorial anyway...

Spase said:
I am going to work on it this weekend... but like I tell everyone, until I quit procrastinating everyone is free to ask me questions about how I created my helm... once that tutorial gets made though, I am taking a break for a smoke and shot, and to pat myself on the back for hard work well done....

But ask away, because I haven't got the tut done doesn't mean I don't want people to know how things worked out for me... the questions I get are helping the tutorial anyway...

Alrighty then:)

How many layers of glaze are there? And approximately (I didn't catch a value in terms of minutes) how long do you leave the tape on a section before removing it? Also, do you stack layers of tape, or is the glaze thin enough for just 1 layer to hold it in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back